What's new

The Dead Zone - TV Pilot (1 Viewer)

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Could anyone confirm whether or not the "Unbroadcast Pilot" that purchasers of the Dead Zone box set can send off for is the same as the single disc that's available separately?

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
The single disc release contains the same pilot episode that is included in the Season One box set (with the exception of the commentary track).

The send-away disc is an earlier version of the pilot that was never aired.

I have not recieved my copy of the bonus disc yet, but will post my findings when it arrives. It's not clear how the unaired pilot differs, other than the fact that one or more of the supporting characters (Dana Bright) is played by a different actor.

H

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
If you listen to the commentary you see that Michael Moriarty is also in there instead of David Odgen Stiers and some scenes were played differently originally. Probably more differences as well.

Neil

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
the separate pilot also combines the first two episodes as one 90 minute presentation whereas on the boxed set they are as originally aired, two shows.

Kai Zas

Second Unit
Bastards. I bought my Season 1 in Canada, I live in Belgium. When I saw the big gaping hole in the box, I asked the people at Lions Gate if they could send me the disc, I was willing to pay. I never got a reply. My online store couldn't help me either.

So I turned to eBay and was glad to find the Pilot.

Now, after reading your post, I'm not so glad anymore.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Has anyone gotten the unaired pilot disks that was offered? My check was cashed but I never have received anything.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
What did anyone in the US who got their DVD from DVDSoon do?

I can use the bounceback card from
http://www.usanetwork.com/series/the...cebackcard.pdf

but as far as an original sales receipt from DVDSoon - no such thing exists (for me, anyway). They had computer problems the week I ordered my set and I never received an email receipt. I can go to their site and print out the shipping information which does state when it was shipped. Does anyone know if this will be good enough? Should I enclose some other proof of purchase?

Thanks,

Neil

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
Do the bounceback cards that come with the season set DVDs ship to only retail-specific sites, or are they included with all season sets? I saw the offer on USA's webstore, but want to purchase it at my local Best Buy.

8^B

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
The bounce back cards are suppose to be included in all of the Region 1 releases sold in the U.S.

Neil,

If you purchased your set on-line, then the etailer has to have a copy of an invoice in some form they can email, fax, or mail to you. I would bug them until they can send you something you can use as a receipt. I purchased my set from Tower.com and used their email shipment notification as the receipt-something that shows you actually paid for the discs should work fine. My check was just cashed last week, so I'm expecting to see my disc within the next month or so. The offer states that the turnaround time is aproximately 8 weeks.

H

GaryEA

Second Unit
Neil,

Having ordered my set from Tower.com I was surprised that there was no receipt enclosed. Instead, the final email from them was labeled within the text as the official receipt.

I printed it out, highlighted the part about it being THE receipt, wrote "internet Order" on the top, and mailed it in.

To date, I've yet to hear anything. (fingers crossed)

Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks