What's new

"The Day The Earth Stood Still" (1 Viewer)

Richard Ringenbach

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone heard anything recently about "The Day The Earth Stood Still"? I thought it was suppose to be released early this year!

Thank you!

Richard Ringenbach

CharlesD

Screenwriter
FOX has been working on this one for some time and has pledged to make sure it is a top quality DVD (which is saying a lot coming from them) I've never heard of any release date being announced, but early this year seemed reasonable.

Hopefully FOX will be able to update us on its status.

Brian York

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian York
Let's not pressure FOX to hurry on this one...this is an absolute classic, and the more time they put into doing it right, the better it will be (hopefully!)
Having said that, I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THEY ANNOUNCE IT'S RELEASE DATE!!

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I agree, Brian. They must take their time and assure us perfection on this one. This is my absolute favorite Sci-Fi film. :)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Considering Fox's total commitment to this film and to the DVD format, this title will have been well worth the wait, no matter how agonizing. And I utterly appreciate Mr. Staddon's complete understanding of this film's importance.

As for a release date, the rumor that keeps popping up is sometime in the first quarter. That may not be realistic, however.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Not to be picky, but the title of the movie is Link Removed.
There is no "that" in the title.

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
I, too have been waiting ages for this one...it's all that I can do to avoid the temptation of watching my VHS copy...

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Great movie, and a true genre classic. It's literate and it has ideas (something today's overblown "scifi" can't be bothered with).

I'll be very happy to see it announced.

Jeff Koch

Stunt Coordinator
Not to mention the film has one of the best scores ever composed by BERNARD HERRMANN!
Jeff

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I agree with you guys! TDTESS is one of my favorites of all-time. Great Herrmann music (ultra creepy), good story, good everything in fact! Plus there's Aunt Bee, to boot (F. Bavier)! Can't beat that with a stick.
I've signed up with Amazon to be notified by e-mail when "Stood Still" is avail. for pre-orders on DVD.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...512912-2302425
Anybody else do this on Amazon?? They provide this feature for many films.

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
Anybody else do this on Amazon?? They provide this feature for many films.
The only problem with that is Amazon is normally weeks behind release information you can get here and other DVD sites. And Amazon isn't always acurate on release dates when they first post them.

Brian York

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian York
NECKTIE???
ROTFLMAO!!!
smiley_rotflmao.gif

RIchard Y

Auditioning
Check out Army of Darkness when Ash attempts to recite the words to take possesion of the Necronomicon Ex Mortis.
A classic comedy moment! :)

John Koehler

Stunt Coordinator
The Fox LD 2-disc autographed (by Wise) edition was so spectacular, I can't see what more they could do! The LD set had a CD of Herrmann's score, a book about the career of Robert Wise, and a separate disc of interviews with surviving cast and crew members. And a fine LD transfer. It has pride of place in my collection.

And ditto on RobertR's comment above!

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Richard,
... just wanted to say that my day hasn't gone to well, and now I'm home and just read your "Necktie" post ...
sitting here just rolling on the floor, belly laughing w/tears and I can't catch my breath!
THANKS!!
(and while the movie is my second favorite 'classic' sci-fi, I'd have to say that "Invasion of The Body Snatchers"(Kevin McCarthy) has to be first!!
Now, back on topic! ;)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
When I was a teenager some friends and I came up with our own version of "Klaatu, barada nikto." But if I shared it here I'd be booted off the Forum.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Come on Jack lets hear it, you're unbootable now.:)
One of my alltime faves, I'd love to have this classic SF on DVD, anyone read the original short story 'Farewell to the Master' by Harry Bates?
Which had an interesting twist to the story...
At the end the robot turns out to be the master....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks