What's new

The Dark Knight Rises (2012) (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
Colin Jacobson said:
:tu:   When I first saw "DKR", I liked it but didn't love it.  I had to get "Dark Knight" - which I loved from Screening 1 - out of my head and stop comparing the two.
I've now seen "DKR" three additional times and I seem to like it more and more each time.  I can better appreciate the seemingly-slow first two hours and invest in the movie without baggage.
And the ending really is awesome.  Call it spinoff bait if you want, but it works! :)
I attended a marathon with all 3 films. I felt let down by dark knight rises after watching the first two. however watching it on blu ray.. I liked it more. the ending with the kid bothered me alot. not so much on blu ray.
Jacob

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Bryan Ri said:
Cringing at what?
You have to ask, really? That was a brutal fight scene that went on and on. To make it harder to take, the good guy is taking the worst of it. In real life, that fight is a "beaten to death" situation.
I guess you have a higher tolerance of brutality than I do.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Johnny Angell said:
You have to ask, really? That was a brutal fight scene that went on and on. To make it harder to take, the good guy is taking the worst of it. In real life, that fight is a "beaten to death" situation.
I guess you have a higher tolerance of brutality than I do.
Relax, I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic about the scene. Sorry.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Bryan Ri said:
Relax, I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic about the scene. Sorry.
Yeah, the correct tone doesn't always come though in the written word. No problem. :)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Echoes of similar imagery throughout the trilogy:
http://imgur.com/a/3EpQo
I never even picked up on the Ra's/Bane hand-resting similarity. If Hardy did that on purpose, he's even more awesome than I thought.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The only one I would consider a stretch is the eating of the fruit. The ways those scenes play out are very different.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks