What's new

The Dam might have burst over at DVD Beaver. (1 Viewer)

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Just been over to DVD Beaver, which has long been one of my favorite DVD Review sites.

They have a message up indicating that lack of support looks like forcing them to close down.
They truly deserve the support of every decerning DVD collector, especially those interested in non mainstream titles.

It will be a shame if they are allowed to close down.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
There are certain labels who should be ashamed for not supporting that site. They and we know who they are.

But it's well-known most labels won't spend a nickel on web advertising/support except on their own sites, so no big surprise.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Ive donated twice in the last year-and I would hate to see that money wasted;
The site is WAY too worthwhile, interesting and informative to let die;
Something must be done-How many of us visit there but dont contribute?
Maybe we should hold a fundraiser-or find a way to get Gary advertising.
If even some of the hundreds of us here gave just $5.00 USD a month, im sure that would help keep him going (thats about $5.75 CAD)

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
The Beaver must not die. I would argue that it is among the the most valuable, if not the most valuable DVD resource on the web. Though I am a college student with no money, I would be more than willing to donate. The $5 thing sounds like a good idea. Any millionaires here on HTF? :)

Regards,
Nathan

Anthony*B

Stunt Coordinator
I hope the folks who run DVD Beaver come around here & read this...I think it is one of the finest dvd/film sites on the net & I hope they can find the means to continue..I wish I had $$ to donate but I don't...if I did, DVDBeaver is certainly one of the few sites it would go to...don't give up, guys/gals...the internet is a fickle & harsh taskmaster but we need more sites like DVDBeaver! Hang in there if at all possible!

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
All does not seem lost from that last message...

I think Gary needs to think about tiered memberships. Maybe access to all the content for free (via small thumbs), but only high-quality comparisons with something like a $4.99/month membership. I'd pay it!

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
I didn't see any way to contact him. I'd be glad to contribute to such a fine site. Also, he seems hesitant to take on any new vendors, but I'd like to suggest he try an agreement w/ DDD. I usually order from them and they're a reputable company. If links were available, I'd link through the Beav to DDD so he can get something from that.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks