What's new

The Da Vinci code (1 Viewer)

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H

Uhhh...yeah. Whatever. I'm sure they'd get fans excited saying they were going to tear it apart! Besides, "as they can" leaves a lot of elbow room.

Don't get your hopes up. This is going to be a NASTY book to adapt, and to do it properly (being faithful to the spirit of the book) there will be a lot of cuts and changes.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
That is true, if he were cast in this story it would be next to impossible to seperate him from Indy. Heck Indy himself has been on a the exact same quest...

Quentin, I agree. This book is mostly TALK. Sure it's plot driven, but most of the plot is just characters figuring stuff out.

--
H

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Announcing a release date ALREADY (May 16, 2005) further increases the difficulties of writing the script. They are under a tight deadline now.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
I think Hanks will do fine in the role, he just wouldn't have been my choice in a perfect world. Ford would have been perfect, if only he weren't so heavily associated with Indy, as previously mentioned.

As far as adapting the book, they'll have to be creative. I think there's a lot of room for cuts, so long as the core adventure is in place.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
If you are 'into' the backstory, I recommend 'Born in Blood'.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

I'm enjoying Digital Fortress right now, after having enjoyed TDC. The key to enjoying Brown is this: Expect fiction light. A 'popcorn novel'. He is an excellent story craftsman, but he is young and already ripping off his own formula. I think as he matures as a writer we'll see more well crafted _writing_ along with the plot.

Sam

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

I went to Amazon and can't find this book by this author. There is one by Katherine Neville that might be this book. In fact Amazon lists DaVinci Code as a book bought by people who bought this book.

Is the one by Neville the one you are referring to?

Mary M S

Screenwriter
I believe it would be "The Eight" by Katherine Neville
It is a bit lighter than Brown, and fun. I remember reading it many years ago, the ending, felt like a hurried wind it up, affair. But I remember enjoying it.

Dan D.

Stunt Coordinator
Oops, yes of course it was Katherine Neville. Sorry for the inadvertent political slip! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks