The Critic on DVD???

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Joey Gunz, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Joey Gunz

Joey Gunz Second Unit

2. Peter McM

Peter McM Supporting Actor

Peter
    I wonder if they'll leave in all those pokes Jay Sherman made about the Fox Network.

(going to commercial): "You're watching FOX. Shame on you!"

3. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

I bet that they will leave the Fox jokes in there, seeing how the set is distributed by Columbia/Tristar.

4. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Oh man, Critic/Dilbert/Friends Season 6 all on 1/27/2004, it will be an expensive but well worth it day. The Critic set is going to be the 1 I look forward to the most, Columbia is putting some effort in to this show and giving it good supliments.

Dave, thanks for the press release. I've never seen the webtoons...

5. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

All ten web episodes (in SWF format) take up 15.7 MB of space, so it shouldn't be too hard to fit them on the DVD set.

6. Joey Gunz

Joey Gunz Second Unit

7. WillG

WillG Producer

I Just read a recent "No Extras" Announcement on dvdreview.com. Can someone say definitavely if this set is getting any extras or not

8. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Okay...believe them and not me. No skin offa my nose! [​IMG]

9. WillG

WillG Producer

Sorry David,

I just wanted final confirmation

10. Casey Trowbridg

I'd say a direct post of the press release from Columbia, which is what Dave did is as good as a confirmation as you're going to find.

DVDtoons, also mentioned extras long before the press release came out. DVDreview and DVDfile don't have the information totally right.

11. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Nah, I don't really blame you guys at all. But let's look at what's going on:

I have been in contact with Columbia's marketing dept., and they provided every bit of info to me about these supplements (including new verification today that the "Short Film: web-i-sodes" mention in the press release definately refers to all 10 of the "shockwave shorts", as the note called them...it also said "Jon Lovitz was invited to participate, but was too busy", you may be interested to know!).

DVDFile and DVDReview appear to be going simply by the fact that the Columbia press site has in error left off from listing these extras in the usual spot. They don't seem to have followed up with the studio, or trusted the already-published flyer (seen here) which clearly demonstrates that extras are on the disc.

No apology is necessary at all for your doubts; this is one of your favorite shows and you're hanging out there depending on conflicting reports from various websites. I understand the confusion!

In the end, it doesn't matter to me if I'm believed or not. I am confident in my sources, and on street date I will either be found to be telling the accurate information, or found to be in error. Either way, I am merely relaying what the studio has told me, so it's no reflection on me either way. At most, the reflection on me is that I took the initiative to contact the studio and ask. [​IMG]

12. Casey Trowbridg

I am sorry to hear that John Lovitz won't be participating, I really enjoyed his work on this series and on other series as well, but if the man is busy he's busy.

I give Columbia props for doing such a good job with this short lived Series, heck I would've bought a bare bones release of the Critic.