What's new

The Cosby Show - Season 1 Announced (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Then there won't be any further sets. I want season 1 redone, too, but I won't deprive myself of uncut seasons 2-8. Perhaps buying these may convince them to redo season 1.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
If Anchor Bay follows suit with Roseanne, I'll purchase 2-8 and possibly pick up season 1 on e-bay in the later future.

If they choose to re-release the first season with the unedited versions... I'll buy 2 copies... :)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I seriously doubt that they'll re-release the premiere sets of either since they're already out there. They won't waste the money.

Allen_Kir

Stunt Coordinator
I'm getting 2-8 since they are gonna be UNCUT. I think it's stupid to not get 2-8 just because the first one was cut. Also they might re-release season 1 because I LOVE LUCY season 1 was re-released and that wasn't even cut it was for packaging.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
If they're uncut I'll be getting every season (eventually). I won't use the debacle of the first season set as an excuse to boycott any future sets if they are done properly. Talk about shooting yourself in the DVD player.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I fully expect ADF to be edited. I hate the whole idea but I would be more concerned if the episodes from season 2 and beyond were edited. The first season is notoriously hit and miss. But it should still be unedited if they want to please the fans. Especially after TCS Season One debacle.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
slight tangent. Anyone getting the just out Fat Albert Halloween Special? Will it be a PAL-NTSC transfer like the season set was and will it be uncut?

:) d

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
It figures that ADW would be edited, but at least we know that future seasons should be broadcast versions.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Evidently ADF: S1 will indeed be edited. The excuse is that they were too far along in the production process to change it. Heaven forbid they should delay the set till next year and please the fans. Apparantly we don't matter all that much.

Alan_H

Stunt Coordinator
I suspect that the same excuse will be used to release the syndicated cuts of Roseanne season 2 (I really hope I'm wrong on this).

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator
Guys,

A big no to Season 1 for me because of the syndicated episodes, which are edited being used. I have seen a "Best of" The Cosby Show. This is from Columbia House on video tape and has 6-8 volumes. Those episodes are uncut.

This might be a better option for some users.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
Just started transferring my off-air network recordings of first season. They run about 24:30, give or take a bit. Great quality, although some are in LP. As for buying later seasons, no. Since they screwed up with first season, I'll just rent future seasons.

I was looking at the Carsey-Warner catalogue and the only other shows I would care about are Cybill and Grounded for Life but since I have them all on tape, if they screw them up it will only be a minor inconvenience, not a calamity. I only care about releases of shows that are pre-VCR era and cut. Post VCR era, not a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks