What's new

The consolidated "I want to see HEAT get a special edition" thread (1 Viewer)

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
If so, where the heck's the announcement?
Right? "Whadda we got?! Does anybody know . . . where [this DVD is]?"
Did the R2 street in July, as The Bits relayed in a Jan. 2 Rumor Mill post per The R2 Project's announcement? A quick look at DVD Basen's R2 Heat reviews looks like it didn't street there yet. Sten?
Bits then said in Feb. that R1 would street in May.
Let us know, Sten, if you dig up where that Sept. 28th date is from. Fwiw (little), Amazon (US and UK) does not show that/is not taking pre-orders for it.
-p

Eric_B_C

Stunt Coordinator
Only copy of this movie I have is pan'n'scan VHS!!! *shudder*

Would definitely like to see a good SE of this.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
The usually-reliable http://thedigitalbits.com is reporting this today:
"By the way, a lot of you have been asking us when we can expect to see Warner's long in the works Heat: Special Edition. This would normally go in The Rumor Mill, but it's pretty obvious, so we'll post it here. Expect it in time for the holidays, when Michael Mann's current Collateral hits DVD."
Sounds like a stocking stuffer to me! :)

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
If this thing does street in Dec., we're lookin' at Matrix box, ROtk: EE and Heat: SE all that month. New Crimson Tide and Enemy Of the State may fall in Dec. also.
Perhaps this Xmas I'll give all my friends a choice: I buy sumpin' for you and you buy DVDs for me or . . .
. . . I buy DVDs for myself. :D
-p

Jeannette Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
the sounds good to me as I have all the Matrix movies, ROTK, Crimson Tide & Enemy of The State and if this new Heat SE doesn't have a brand spanking new flawless transfer I won't be buying that.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
You don't have remastered Matrix, ROtK: EE, anamorph (R1) Crimson and EOtS, or deserving supps and what very likely will be a new transfer on a Heat SE. If you're (apparently) not interested in those kinds enhancements, fine. But simply saying you already have the films I mentioned misses my point. -p

Kain_C

Screenwriter
With Mann's new film out, I thought I heard of a Heat SE out soon. Is that true, and if so, can anyone point me to it? Or The Insider SE as well?

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Here's the latest from the rumor mill section of The Digital Bits webisite:
8/18/04
A lot of you guys have been asking us when we'll finally see Warner's TBA Heat: Special Edition. Look for it to street at the end of the year, timed to coincide with the DVD release of Michael Mann's Collateral (from DreamWorks or Paramount - we're not sure how the video rights will split).
Peace,
DM

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
No new news at The Bits or elsewhere. Perhaps Warner is awaiting the Collateral announcement . . .
(Yeah yeah . . . like Di$ney was awaiting Par's Top Gun and Fox's Man On Fire announcements to indicate the new date for Crimson Tide and Enemy Of the State SEs . . . Yeah, that's it.) :rolleyes
-p

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
From today's Bits: "We're betting that the announcement of Collateral [for 12/14] means that you can reasonably expect Warner to reveal its long-awaited Heat: Special Edition soon. We'll be sure to let you know."
"Richard? I heard "Richard"? He's not here is he? . . . Don't waste my MOTHER FUCKIN' TIME [Warner Bros.]!"
-p

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
The Bits has 12/14 as the release date for Collateral and many have speculated that the Heat: SE will soon be announced for that date as well. I sure hope that is true. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks