What's new

The consolidated "I want to see HEAT get a special edition" thread (1 Viewer)

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
I have always thought that this movie was great, and that the DVD was great. I have a 27" sony, and I thought it looked great, but that's just me.

Gerhard

Stunt Coordinator
I think a new transfer and a DTS audio track will sell very
well!!! So Warner start release it NOW!!!

BrentJ

Second Unit
Would anyone else like to see a special edition of this movie? A dts track would be great. Maybe some commentary tracks from deniro and pacino would be cool.

thanks

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
Brent,

I agree. Heat is one of the best films of the last ten years. I've got in on LD, and the DVD release gave me absolutely no reason to upgrade. Unfortunately, you might be hard pressed to get a DTS track for a 3 hr. film on one disc (I know that movies split over two discs bothers some poeple). Commentary from the cast would be awesome though...

MichaelAW

Second Unit
I dunno about a DeNiro commentary. I've only heard one of his (Analyze This) and, frankly, he was quite boring to listen to. Perhaps if they put Pacino, him, Kilmer, etc. together, that might be something.

I wouldn't mind a commentary by the cinematographer, though, unless Mann would do one.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I'll second this idea. The original disc could be improved upon.

BooneG

Stunt Coordinator
It'll probably never happen. Michael Mann doesn't like dvd. That's why there were no special features on Ali. I too think that Heat deserves a SE but it'll never happen.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
When NBC showed Heat Michael Mann offered too add 20 minutes for it suit there TV time but instead was cut down too 2 hours. I would like to see what these scenes where plus a commentary would be great!

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Michael Mann doesn't like dvd.
It's not that Mann doesn't like DVD (there is no evidence to support that theory), it's that he doesn't care for special editions of his films. Neither does David Lynch, Woody Allen and Spielberg steadfastly refuses to do audio commentaries.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
Alan Smithee Directed the NBC TV version. If that says anything. Also I heard that Ali will be getting a Special Edition, it's just Columbia is trying out this Movie-Only version then the Special Edition thing on all new releases.

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
i'd settle for a bare bones reissue if they gave it a new transfer. even though the original dvd is 16:9, it's quite noisy and not very well compressed.

Matt_Wizall

Agent
Yea, I agree. This film needs a better version, badly. I think they should try to get Sizemore and Kilmer to do a commentary together. Apparently they hate each other; maybe we'd get some fireworks and end up with a spicy little track ;) .

Randall Dorr

Second Unit
It's true that Michael Mann doesn't like extras on his DVDs. Clint Eastwood feels the same way, but a two disc Unforgiven (with commentary from a film critic, no less) is on the way.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Heat is a great movie, it would be awesome to have a special edition of this movie with DTS and possibly some deleted scenes.

Han

Second Unit
I've grown to the point where I just don't care about these multi-disc editions with a bunch of documentaries I won't ever watch.
Just better video, DTS, not even DD5.1 if there's DTS, and an audio commentary. Maybe a gag reel or deleted scenes. If Michael Mann won't do the commentary, how about Sizemore + Kilmer on one track, and Amy Brenneman + Natalie Portman + Ashley Judd + Danny Trejo + Jon Voight on another track. All sitting around in a View Eskew type forum. That second one would just be weird!:D

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Michael Mann has actually done a commentary for one of his films that i know of.He did one for Thief with James Caan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks