What's new

The Complaint Station (1 Viewer)

ChrisArmour

Stunt Coordinator
I was surprised at that too, I figured some people here could help out with that:D . Check out the complaints for sears, whoa, there are a lot of pissed off people out there.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I'm not surprised about Sears or any other big companies. Big companies that deal with mass merchandise will always have more complaints than lesser known specialized companies.

Bigger numbers but I don't know about the ratio as compared to the size of the companies.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Pretty funny that there are complaints about themselves on their own site! Most of the complaints are about the lack of free speech on the site; apparently mods there are out of control.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Not a very good complaint site. Too many unintelligible posts. Very had to decipher the real complaints from the inane babbling (there was a looooong post about Pizza Hut, that read more like a soap opera :rolleyes:)

Now, Planet Feedback is a great site for complaints. They lead you through preparing a complaint/complement/question letter, then they will either email it, or postal mail it to the correct person in that company. If I have a problem with service/food/etc. I go there and have almost always gotten a prompt response.

Chris

ChrisArmour

Stunt Coordinator
That's a valid point, but "The Complaint Station" is simply a public forum for complaints, thats all. One thing I was really surprised about was the company that is #1 for complaints, TOYOTA. I couldnt believe my eyes. Oh, and the only thing that the mods edit, as far as I can tell, are the seven dirty words, and I believe they edit racial crap too.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
There's a certain person who's been very actively recruiting complaints against Toyota on that site and many others for several years now. That person's been banned from Edmunds discussion site at least twice.

The main complaints against Toyota relate to a supposed problem with sludge buildup in some engines. Nobody with verifiable proof of regular oil changes has had the problem, but Toyota has initiated a policy to deal with the "problem."

I've worked in the service department of a large Toyota dealership for over 30 years. While we have seen some sludged up engines, we've never seen one sludge up that had verifiable proof of anything like normal oil change intervals. What we see is off-lease vehicles with no service history sludging up at about 30k miles.

Neglectful owners faced with a $4,000 repair bill and protected by the relative anonymity of the internet may be tempted to be less than honest about their maintenance habits when posting to sites like The Complaint Station if they think there's a chance of getting a freebie by embarassing Toyota. In this particular case the strategy has worked in that Toyota has issued a policy whereby they will repair sludged engines up to 80k miles if the customer presents any evidence, including handwritten notations in self-kept service logs, that they've had at least one oil change in the year prior to the claim.

I can count on the fingers of one hand how many of these engines we've had to repair under this policy since it's inception well over a year ago, and all of these vehicles were purchased used by the claimants with no service history available from the first owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks