The Clone Wars lenticular Blu-ray/DVD slipcover?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by BillyR, Aug 28, 2014.

1. BillyR

BillyR Agent

Back in 2008 Star Wars the Clone Wars film (2008) was released on DVD & Blu-ray with a lenticular slipcover that showed Anakin and Asajj Ventress, Did all the Blu-ray versions have the lenticular cover? I've read on the net that some did while others did not include a slipcover.

2. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    My copy of this has no slipcover. The cover illustration is of Anakin alone wielding his lightsaber. Pretty sure I purchased this at or close to the time it was released.

3. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Cinematographer
    Supporter

I recall the lenticular cover. I don't remember if I got it or not, as I consolidated all my SW: The Clone Wars into a space-saving 10 disc Viva Elite blu-ray case, as I refuse to buy more shelving. It is part of my denial process. ;)

The cover might has also been a retailer exclusive. I got an exclusive lenticular for The Corpse Bride at Wal-mart.

Covers now seem to be such a waste, but I don't have the heart to toss them in the recycle bin just yet, well, in most cases.

4. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Producer
    Supporter

Josh Steinberg
    I have the lenticular cover. (Alternates between Anakin or Ventress holding a lightsaber.) Got mine from an indie shop in Boston back when it came out, so I don't think it was retailer exclusive. One of my first Blu-rays! I got my first BD player about a month before this disc was released.

Mark Walker likes this.
  5. ijthompson

ijthompson Stunt Coordinator

Jordan
    Mine also has the lenticular cover. Bought at Blockbuster on release day.