What's new

The Classic titles of Paramount owned by Universal (1 Viewer)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
About the RKO "B" libary - most of what Turner airs (and some of the MOD) have been the pre-turner transfers from the late 1980's!

Still, at least it's there. Some of the RKO B-pictures are fund to watch.

Now, about those Monograms :)

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
TCM is airing another "rare," or at least not on DVD, Paramount film tonight at 10pm: Skylark (1941) with Claudette Colbert and Ray Milland.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well I hope Among the Living comes out one day...
The Strange Love of Martha Ivers is a EXCELLENT film , and the DVD to me blew away the Film Chest Blu Ray... one the blu rays I passed in favor of the DVD

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
jdee28 said:
TCM is airing another "rare," or at least not on DVD, Paramount film tonight at 10pm: Skylark (1941) with Claudette Colbert and Ray Milland.
A Nice transfer...must have been just done as it opened with the new Universal/Comcast Logo :)

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
DeWilson said:
A Nice transfer...must have been just done as it opened with the new Universal/Comcast Logo :)
Actually may be an encouraging sign that Comcast is getting off its duff and finally exploiting that vast Universal/classic Paramount library.... hopefully...

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Skylark was indeed a beautiful transfer. My wife and I commented on its pristine quality; had seen it ages ago in a, probably, 16mm print.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Camps said:
Actually may be an encouraging sign that Comcast is getting off its duff and finally exploiting that vast Universal/classic Paramount library.... hopefully...
Not sure about that - classic Paramount title have aired on TCM in the past,and continue to pop up. Still, if TCM can go to them and get certain titles to air, then it's a good thing, even if it's not a "package". Unlike Sony/Columbia where they've actually scheduled films and then they can't find usable prints in the vault!

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
DeWilson said:
Not sure about that - classic Paramount title have aired on TCM in the past,and continue to pop up. Still, if TCM can go to them and get certain titles to air, then it's a good thing, even if it's not a "package". Unlike Sony/Columbia where they've actually scheduled films and then they can't find usable prints in the vault!
Like happened a couple of years ago with their scheduling of FOG ('33) I suppose. Still, duly appreciative of TCM and Sony/Columbia for all they have managed to do.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Camps said:
Like happened a couple of years ago with their scheduling of FOG ('33) I suppose. Still, duly appreciative of TCM and Sony/Columbia for all they have managed to do.
...and rarely seen Columbia films have been airing on GetTV - ones that haven't played TCM or released on Sony's MOD line

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
DeWilson said:
A few years ago, they showed Lucky Jordan with Alan Ladd. It opened with the MCA Television logo. I felt like I was watching the Late Late Show in 1965.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks