What's new

"The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" (1 Viewer)

Jason Roer

Supporting Actor
Great poster. Can't wait for this film. I thought they did a spectacular job with The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. It was a big surprise for me, because I wasn't thinking they could pull it off.

Cheers,

Jason

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator
I also am VERY excited to see Prince Caspian. There's also been some really cool concept art released, here's one of them and you can also visit Ain't It Cool News to see the rest:http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34155

It's looking good so far!

(I tried to attach one of the images to this message but I'm not sure if it's going to work, so just click on the link if you want to see all of them...)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Looks very good. Hard to avoid the LOTR comparisons with that catapult shot, but, eh, what can you do? Also, Miraz fighting with that metal facemask on gives me a Gladiator vibe.

As far as adaptations go, Prince Caspian's narrative flow is difficult without making major adjustments, and everything I've read seems that they've made the right decisions. It has the potential to be a better film than the first since the story is less archetypal. Also, I liked the word "Narnia" in the logo being in ruins.

In any case, I'm looking forward to it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I really like the way the use the ruins to visibly drive home how much time has passed since the last time they were in Narnia. I can't remember if Lewis used that device in the book, but it's very effective on screen.
Looks good; I liked Adamson's first Narnia so I'll trust him here too.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Wow, I thought that looked very good. I am now looking forward to it more than I thought I would.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Very impressive trailer - makes the film look better than TLTWATW. Still anxious about how they'll make the story work, but I'm still looking forward to it.

That is exactly what happens in the book. They find themselves in Narnia by some ruins, spend a while wondering where they are until they realise that they're actually at a now-unrecognisable Cair Paravel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks