What's new

The Chronicles of Narnia - April 4th confirmed (1 Viewer)

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Really looking forward to this one. Narnia was my third favorite of 05 (behind Sith and Batman) though I still have a few of the Oscar contenders to see.

Jonny_L

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmmm...interesting. Maybe our PR rep didn't take her vitamins that morning. Or, it is possible that Canada will forgo the fullscran.

Either way, its widescreen for me:D

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the single disc of narnia is getting both the widescreen and full screen edition, while the 2 disc set of narnia is getting widescreen only.

JACOB

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
What the rep said in the presentation, as I recorded it, was that as far as she knew it was only widescreen.

The BVHE rep that gave the presentation oversees all the live action films at Disney, and up to that point she'd only seen widescreen prints.

Jack _Webster

Stunt Coordinator

This whole trend is really getting tiring. I understand releasing a Director's Cut if the studio interferes with the theatrical cut, but they really go overboard nowadays. I really liked the movie in theaters and will be more than satisfied with the 2-disc version coming out.

Jonny_L

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure the extended edition will hit stores in time for the eventual sequel release into theaters.

Fred Mitchell

Stunt Coordinator
This could be greatness. If they add 5 minutes that are filler crap like some releases then yes, it'll suck. BUT... if they add footage that enriches the story and add a ton of extras, a.k.a. the LOTR E.E. then count me in!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I really think that the Harry Potter movies could have benefited from an extended version like the LOTR's movies.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

I agree completely. I'm getting tired of all these different versions of ONE movie (James Cameron films and Lord of the Rings not withstanding). I wish I could buy the movie with the knowledge that they won't keep changing it down the line because this doesn't look like a case of losing important scenes. This is a case of getting some more money out of people.

Fred Mitchell

Stunt Coordinator
There's an easy way to fix that. Only buy one version. Me? I'll be happy to invest because I'm a fan of the series like I am with LOTR. All these OTHER extra editions of movies....I don't. I only get one.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I have less of a problem with when they are upfront with saying they are going to have an extended version.

Personally, I wait most of the time anyways, because prices will drop over the long term. Considering I have enough to watch right now, I can wait.

Jason

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I will be glad to buy the EE, because I love Narnia and would love to spend more time with the characters.

If you don't want to buy it, don't. But why complain about the fact that they are releasing it if you don't want to buy it?

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member

:emoji_thumbsup:

Amen.

I mean, people bitch about the studios when they "surprise" us with EE sets released after we've already bought the "regular" set.

So then a studio *tells* us ahead of time about the later SE so folks can use the information to make an informed purchase decision...and we STILL complain...

:D

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Coming fall 2006...Narnia: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe: The Crazy Delicious edition". :D

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
Got a response last week about the Chronic-WHAT-cles of Narnia SNL skit. It will not be on this release. Of course, if it's an EGG would they really tell us it's on there?

It'll most likely be on the EE version. That's my guess anyway. ;)

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

I sympathize with you, believe me I do. However, where adaptations such as this are concerned, I do not because I think an extended edition will only help the film, as I thought it was too short to begin with.

What I really have a problem with are extended editions were the creators have no involvement and the studios are simply installing deleted scenes that were obviously cut for a reason just to make another version of the film to cash-in on.

Taken one step further, I think I have more of a problem with Universal and Peter Jackson's handling of an extended edition of King Kong for a number of reasons. One, Universal was less than forthcoming about it, word arrived via the The Digital Bits Rumor Mill, not straight from the horse's mouth, so-to-speak. Two, isn't Kong long enough already. Still, I'm sure any Kong EE will have Jackson's involvement and be better than the extended, 'unrated' comedy of the week fiascos we been subject to lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks