What's new

The China Syndrome (1979) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
You should see him in Streets of San Francisco then.

I got my copy today, I never splurged on any of the euro releases even though I was close to doing so in the past. I really like this film. I just love classic Jane Fonda. If only WB will release KLUTE. Warner Archive I'm hoping :)
Stephen_J_H said:
Michael Douglas looks so young in this. It's like looking at a bearded baby. :P

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I have it and watched it as well. I have to say I thought this blu looked great but I have also decided that I am too easy a grader of blu-rays. I only really have one criteria and that's "Does this blu-ray give me the best presentation of the film I have ever seen in my home?" and the answer in this case was "Yes, by far."

In truth most blu-rays do.

Honestly, I can't recall my viewing in the cinema but I thought this really looked like what the film should look like. Plus it was in great shape for a film from the 1970s...looked like they could have shot it yesterday.

Have not seen the German blu, like Jack I almost ordered it but waited expecting a US release. I'm a sucker for the thriller genre particularly ones from the 1970s and watching this and the recently released Last Embrace was fantastic. So, can't compare it to the German release but I think any fan of the film will find this release a keeper.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Given that it's exactly the same packaging, except in English, I'd say it's the exact same disc, as is the case with Columbia titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks