What's new

The Cape - season 1 (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Normally the memo from the network doesn't include "For the love of God..." but yeah, that's how it goes.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Cameron Yee

In case you haven't seen this already.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/207593/saturday-night-live-the-cape-promo

My favorite is the Smock.

I'd like to see The Scrunchie ("it's a dude!").

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I watch the show with my 8yr old son. He likes it...I don't mind it. A couple of things....

-I still don't understand how come he can't at least let his wife know he is alive. She is smart enough to keep quiet. And it would be a huge burden off her.

-If they are going to cancel the show. Hopefully, they will allow one episode to wrap it up. The show can be easily made. Shows that Vince is not a criminal. But, they can end it with him still being the Cape and going after other bad guys.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by todd s

-I still don't understand how come he can't at least let his wife know he is alive. She is smart enough to keep quiet. And it would be a huge burden off her.

Agreed. Plus, she's a lawyer, which would be handy.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I like the show better than most here, but there are little things that make you scratch your head. They're cornered in the alley by the bumblebee, they disable it, and it's daylight. We cut to a few other scenes, like the mother leaving for the crooked friend's party, and it's nighttime. Cut back to Vince and Orwell, and they're still in the freaking alley! I would think, "They tracked us here, we disabled their little device, let's take it somewhere else ASAP, before they catch our scent again."

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Drive-by shooting, ARK cops everywhere, so Vince sulks around in a hood and cap. And nobody looks twice at him. The Polish acrobat chick is smoking hot, though

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed Max's turn as the Cape. It was nice to see they left something in the tank, so that Vince had room to get more awesome if the show had survived.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Do you feel that excitement in the air? It's because the final The Cape is going up on nbc.com tonight at midnight (presumably Eastern)!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the finale. It promised a better show than the one we'd gotten previously. The public unveiling of the Cape, seeds being planted in Dana's mind that Vince is the Cape, Orwell struggling with the idea that she's headed down the same path as her father, complete with white queen imagery, Scales getting busted.

I can't shake the feeling that if the writers knew they'd only have ten episodes going into it, they could have crafted a decent ten hour miniseries. Still, I can't say I'll be mourning the loss of this one.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They should have constructed it in such a way that Dana thought her boss might be the Cape. I know she knew he wasn't from an earlier episode, but it could have been an interesting way to go, with her starting to see him as a protector and a possible new romantic interest.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
What the fritz?

July 5th DVD release titled "The Cape - The Complete Series". The 2-disc set running 371 minutes will be presented in anamorphic widescreen video, English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound, and with English subtitles. No extras have been mentioned at this time, nor is a Blu-ray version of this title planned. Cost is $29.98 SRP

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Cape-The-Complete-Series/15298

Where's my Journeyman and The Unusuals, then?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Will pick up the set for my kid. Even he was unhappy how it ended.

On a side note. Just finished an autograph matte for my son....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks