What's new

3D The Bubble (1966) (3D Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Please make sure they're legit.

DRAGONFLY had a flat VHS release in the 1980's and THE BUBBLE was released by Rhino in anaglyphic 3-D in the late 90's.

You want to stay FAR away from those versions!

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
The anaglyphic "Bubble" presentation is really imposible to watch. Make sure you get the blu-ray version Bob is selling!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
SFMike said:
The anaglyphic "Bubble" presentation is really imposible to watch. Make sure you get the blu-ray version Bob is selling!
I will examine them closely when they arrive. Are there any disc markings I can look for?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Peter Apruzzese said:
The Bubble is from Kino, Dragonfly is from Olive.
Ok. are the release dates for the two movies different? If so will FV hold shipping until both are ready to ship?

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
The below is from Family Video, so it seems to be the correct version.

Release Date: 11/18/2014
Original Release: 1967
Format: Blu-ray Disc
blu-ray.gif

NOTE: Special equipment is required to view 3-D Blu-rays; will otherwise display in 2-D
Rating: Not Rated
Rating Reason: (Reason unavailable)
UPC: 738329132224
Studio: Kino on Video

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Family Video doesn't ship to Canada, so I think I'll order from Amazon.ca, whose prices are lower than Amazon.com's and qualify for free shipping. The handful of perks of being a 'Nuck.

myst0

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Martucci
Hi folks. First post here. This is just a copy of my post on Amazon. I have been lurking here from time to time.

This is one heck of a 3D experience!

THE BUBBLE, Bob Furmanek and the 3D Archive's restoration to be released in November, is a completely satisfying 3D treat. I watched the unreleased as yet Blu Ray the other night. No matter what one thinks of that film, the Space Vision effects are startling. They are well staged in a very wide screen image and truly unique. There are a few in-your-face moments (which I love and it's what 3D is supposed to do), but the film actually has a mise-en-scène (Is that correct?? Look at me using French!!) with the 3D composed for a Cinemascope size 2.35:1 image. It's extremely wide and ultra DEEP. The actors, props, sets, lighting are all placed by Arch Oboler so that you are looking at an excellent 3D image in every second of the film. It's not like you are in the real world with three dimensions, but instead you are in some weird 3D world. It suits the plot of the film perfectly.

This is the Blu Ray to show off your 3D system with!!

I have seen the film a number of times and it really grows on me with each screening. I can remember thinking that the script was painting itself into a corner and that it would have a cheat ending, but I didn't find that to be the case at all. There are some things that are ambiguous to be sure. I noticed a few tiny discrepancies and a continuity error or two to be honest. Nothing major.

However I found the reveal to be completely satisfying. It left me wanting to see what happens next.

With the print that the 3D Archive was working from (see the article) it's astounding what they have done with it. There is one scene in the film that may be the very best 3D effect I have ever seen! Others have said this as well from what I understand. You will know which one it is if you see it! I guarantee it.

They are also including the lost footage from the shooting script in pdf form. I think some of the questions one is left with are explained in the script. A good move since it will give some closure to us fans wanting more info.

Link to Bob's article on THE BUBBLE:

https://sites.google.com/site/3dfilmarchive/home/The-Bubble

Beware the inferior and unwatchable Rhino edition! I hate it that Amazon figures in the ratings for that thing along with the Blu Ray. They are two completely different animals, the Rhino being a slug and Bob's a swan or peacock!

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I have learned something about Family Video I don't like. I have been charged for both Firefly and Bubble even though neither has shipped. Bubble won't ship until November. I don't like the idea of being charged for something they can't yet deliver to me.

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
ImportCDs are now taking pre-orders for this disc at $21.53. That's cheaper than even Amazon were offering when they first put it up ($24.52). Not as cheap as FamilyVideo, but definitely the best option for the Canadians, Brits and everyone else. They also don't charge up front if you use a card.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Not really for Canadians. Did the math on amazon.ca and it came up a couple bucks cheaper than importcds.com after exchange was factored in. That being said, importcds.com are an awesome company that delivers as promised.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks