What's new

The Boys in Company C (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
About time we get a decent dvd release of this film. An underrated "war" film about Vietnam.

Crawdaddy

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
A UK DVD was released recently. Good anamorphic 2.35:1 transfer with originak mono and a 5.1 remix. I am big fan of Sidney Furie's work (I love The Ipcress File) and his direction is superb in this film, which makes good use of the widescreen, just as all of Furie's 2.35:1 film do. I'd love to finally see his 1967 film starring Sinatra, The Naked Runner. Purple Hearts (1984) is long overdue on DVD, too.

Hen's Tooth can be hit or miss when it comes to transfers, ie. wrong ratios, non anamorphic, interlaced (Cross of Iron), etc so I hope they do a good job with TBICC. A commentary by Furie would be great.

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I would love to see this movie again in the proper ratio. I saw it back in the early 80's on cable. This is great news!

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen

I guess it was like me. I ordered through Amazon, which sometimes says a film is anamorphic and sometimes it is not listed and it is anamorphic. From Hen’s Tooth in 2008, I assumed wrong. Next time I wait for reviews.:frowning:

Ernest

Supporting Actor
It is a poor transfer in 4 x 3 letterbox. It is amazing after all this time and all the HD TV's that have been sold we continue to see DVD's released in letterbox. This version is definitely a rental, at best.

I did buy the DVD. I actually did try to check the reviews first, but I couldn't find any, naturally. I knew I was taking a chance, but I hoped for the best. Lesson learned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks