What's new

THE BOWERY BOYS on DVD: continuing discussion of Warner's eventual release plans (NEW UPDATE 10/2 Po (1 Viewer)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
scan0001.jpg.w560h438.jpg

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Hi Tony . WB archive announced the release on some Monogram westerns today. I'm sure Bowery Boys 4 won't be too far away. .

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
They said they were still working on the transfers about a week or two ago. I don't think we'll see vol 4 until sometime this Summer or possibly the Fall.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
JoHud said:
They said they were still working on the transfers about a week or two ago. I don't think we'll see vol 4 until sometime this Summer or possibly the Fall.
Hi JoHud!

While not necessarily the news that we wanted to hear, at least it's on the horizon.

Based on your above post that indicates very recent work on the transfers, my guess would be autumn, or at least late summer before THE BOWERY BOYS VOLUME 4 set gets issued.

Thank you very much for your insight regarding this!

CHEERS!

Tony

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I'm going to think a little more positive. Few months ago I asked about the Dr Kildare series. They said they were working on transfers then two weeks later it was up for order. Fingers crossed it is the same case this time too.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
To be more precise from my last post, here was their reply posted on May 3:
We have no date, as we are still working on the new masters. It shouldn't be too much longer. Thanks for your patience and continued support.
Summer sounds like a safe bet. Maybe June if we're lucky.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
WBA just ran an ad for the Bowery Boys in the latest issue of Filmfax just out . They show Vols 1, 2, 3, no mention of the final volume. I'm wondering what the status of Vol 4 is at this point since this issue of Filmfax will be on the stands for a while and they easily could have shown Vol. 4 as "coming soon".

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
They just answered another question about volume 4 recently on FB. Their answer was it is still being worked on. Most likely due to a couple of problem titles on this volume: Mr. Hex and Spy Chasers. They can turn a title around quick once it is finished since they are distributing them. This will be available for pre-order two-three weeks ahead of release so we can definitely say July at the earliest at this point but I think it is safe to assume it will be out before the end of the year. At least we know they are not rushing it and all the titles should be up to par with the previous volumes.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Thank you very much for your most helpful post, Randy! We'll just have to sit tight awhile longer, but the wait will be well worth it!

I'm looking forward to viewing these chronologically once Volume 4 can finally be issued, especially the aforementioned MR. HEX and SPY CHASERS!

CHEERS!

Tony

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Even though the wait for Volume 4 has been longer than we expected it looks like there is some light at the end of the tunnel. WA just replied to another question about when is Vol. 4 coming out. Here is their response:
We are still working on the new masters, but the end result will soon surface. We hope that patient fans will agree the end result of our efforts will have been worth the wait...and we thanks.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I doubt I'll get the last volume at this point. I was buying these to watch with my dad, and well, let's just say they took too long to come out...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks