What's new

The Bourne Ultimatum - when can we expect it? (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
With the critical and commercial success of the second Bourne installment, an adaptation of the 3rd novel seems an absolute certainty. But given how the film of The Bourne Supremacy diverged so much from the novel, how can we expect the 3rd film to be different from its source, and how far away is it. Is there any solid info or is it all speculation at this point?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
And since they're not using the stories in the first books, they can re-adapt those stories for later sequels.

And don't forget there's now a fourth Bourne novel, as well.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member

Doesn't this strike you as quite a cheap thing to do? A novel continuing the series written by a different author but with Ludlum's name plastered all over the cover?

Jamie Doucette

Stunt Coordinator
I saw the book in stores the other day. I did'nt realize until right now that it's by a different auther. I just saw Ludlum's name and just assumed he wrote another novel.

As for another movie, I would really enjoy one, but I hope the director doesn't use the "camera jerk n shake" during action scenes. Just not my cup of tea.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I suppose, though it's probably somewhere between "Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda" and "Tom Clancy's Op-Center", which didn't even credit Jeff Rovin as the author until the third or fourth book, though they did acknowledge his "contributions to the preparation of the manuscript". At least Lustbader is getting full credit here.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Plus it's sanctioned by Ludlum's estate, as far as I know.

Certainly wouldn't be the first time that a ghostwriter has continued writing under the name of a famous author, though perhaps it's the first time it's been done so openly.

chris winters

Second Unit
Im a big fan of the series. I read on one of the movie gossip sites that, and I hope your sitting down, Ben Affleck will play a super terrorist out to kill Bourne. Damon wants to thow his old pal a bone and try and save his carear, thus Ben gets a starring role in the next movie. I hope they dont screw it up, but its definately a red flag. When you hear Ben Affleck who doesnt immediately think "super trrorist." ??????

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
Well, If they make another one, at least use a differnt title then the book.

I can't even believe how much Supremecy the movie differs from the book. If this was wriiten by JRR, there would have been a revolt!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm confident that the studio and producers are serious enough about their franchise not to ruin it by casting Ben Affleck in any role. That would just be a colossal joke which would ruin the film for a lot of fans of the series.

John Doran

Screenwriter
i started reading the new book, and the prose just struck me as so jarringly amateurish as compared to ludlum's prose, that i couldn't bring myself to go on.

your mileage may vary, of course.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Ben Affleck could play the victim of some terrorist ray that takes away a person's personality and character, that would probably work.

Matthew Cook

Stunt Coordinator
I too am a bourne fan but didnt like the sequels filming style (fast and jerky the handy cam way. But it could be worse they could cast ben stiller. I swear if I see another run of films with him in it I will probably go insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks