What's new

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Sixth Season Available for Preorder (Blu-ray)(DVD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
67053_large.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link above. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
It's interesting that very popular shows like this never seem to generate much, if any, comments.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Although I have discs of seasons 1-5, i have season 6 via iTunes. I don't see myself replacing that.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
I don't see myself buying it until it gets really cheap (probably used through a pawn shop or amazon, or on some sort of "Black Friday" deal). I bought Seasons 1-5 via the much, much cheaper Region B/UK Blu-Ray boxset (with currency conversion, about US$7.00-8.00 a season), so it'll probably be a long time before I buy season 6 (and beyond). I sold off my US DVDs of the first 3 seasons for $45, so I see it as taking that money with about $5.00 more and getting a free blu-ray upgrade, plus two additional seasons.

Besides, the show is getting so much rerun play these days, I'll be tired of the show long before I have any desire to buy the rest of them (and the most current episodes, as has been said, have been the weakest of the run).

Speaking of the show's quality, I was almost shocked at how week the sixth season seemed to be compared to even just the year before. Did some of the writing staff quit, or are they just running out of ideas.

It hasn't reached the point to where I'll stop watching yet, but it's quite obviously jumped the shark, I'm afraid.

I really hope it doesn't outstay its welcome. If season seven doesn't see a marked improvement, I'd really like them to go out now, but we all know CBS and Chuck Lorre are more interested in the show's profitability than its artistic integrity. It'll run and run until the ratings get low. (end rant)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
not.way said:
O yeah cause we know ITUNES will enver remove them or make you not have access to them, only way to own ANY program is phyiscal media
I seriously doubt that Apple is going anywhere soon. Plus, I've had purchased content that still works after it disappears from the iTunes Store.

By the way, welcome to HTF. You need to revise your profile and put in a real name, at least your first name.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was going to buy TBBT series via iTunes. I'd been waiting and thought this was a good direction as one can have both the 1080 and 720 versions. But I was surprised to find seasons 1,2 and 5 at Costco over the weekend at $17.99 each. That's much less then the iTunes price.Here's the part I hope you guys can help me with. The surprise is that these are combo blu ray DVD and digital copy sets! This is a great deal. I always like to have a DVD copy along with the blu rays. And I'd like to get seasons 3,4, 6 and 7 this way and then I'll be able to collect the digital versions via the codes. Are these sets a limited run for a retailer, or was it a short experiment and they stopped doing combo sets? I see season 6 is available as a combo at Amazon, but I can't find more there, I can try another Costco and hope to find more seasons. I'd be curious to learn more about this. TVshowsonDVD reports that season 1 and 2 are not made as combos anymore, so I figured I got really lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks