The Big Bang Theory Season 6

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nelson Au, Oct 12, 2012.

1. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    I think that's going to be the play; that Leonard can't deprive the world of his genetic makeup ;)

2. Chuck Anstey

Chuck Anstey Screenwriter

Chuck Anstey
    But they have already visited this issue when Sheldon announced that he and Amy were going to have a baby and the plan was artificial insemination. Nothing as icky as the transfer of fluids.

3. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

So who do you think told the truth of the letter's contents? I think it was Bernie.

4. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

I don't recall each story (well, other than Sheldon's) but that would be the most likely scenario since they are married. - Walter.

5. David Weicker

David Weicker Cinematographer

David
    I vote for Peg-Leg Antoine. Actually, I thought all the stories were well done - and realistic

6. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    Best intro segment on this show in a long time; the entire joke about SyFy cancelling "Alphas" followed up with the discussion of Buffy Comic Books, and the cruel (but completely accurate) assessment of what happened to Heroes is some of the sharpest writing they've had this season.. good stuff.

7. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Don't forget about the mention of Firefly.I really liked this episode.I had no idea Alphas was cancelled on a major cliffhanger.

8. Nelson Au

I finally got home early enough to see a new episode on broadcast.I thought Bob Newhart still has it! He was doing his routine rather well with the boys. Perhaps they'll bring him back for other episodes where they try to get him into Caltech as a real scientist.The joke that Howard found Bernedette's impersonating Raj as sexy was well timed!

9. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

Enjoyable episode last night. The guys managed to be in full nerd mode while having the girls around. Raj and Lucy's budding relationship has a nice sweetness to it, and the Amy-Sheldon relationship moved forward. Howard's impressions were great!

10. Nelson Au

Agreed everything in the episode was well done. I like how they are carefully moving the Amy Sheldon relationship the way they are. I like how they created the Lucy character for Raj and how she is mirroring Raj's similarly difficult social skills. But knowing that his parents won't accept a non-Indian girl, I wonder if this will fizzle.

11. Nelson Au

I thought the finale was surprisingly low key. The main shocker was for Raj to loose Lucy that allowed him to talk to girls. I was hoping they would not have Raj and Penny together again at the end and I'm glad that didn't happen with Leonard going away to sea. I didn't want to see Penny and Leonard at odds again.With Leonard going away and Howard's jabbing that his trip to space was a bigger deal had some moments. So in the fall, I'm guessing we'll see the usually reunion episode when one of the boys returns from a long trip. Like when they all went to the North Pole for Sheldon's experiment and coming back Leonard and Penny enjoyed the reunion. Or perhaps the writers will do something different?

12. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    I was expecting something big to happen and I guess Lucy and Raj qualify. The scene with Penny on the couch was hard to watch because it hit so close to home; I'd assume the same happened to a lot of people. It was Raj being raw and allowing himself to be so open. Really nice and unexpected touch.

13. Nelson Au

I'll have to watch that scene again. I agree the scene on the couch was emotional and I guess their realization that he could talk to Penny without a drink made me forget that part! Lucy was such a strong character, I can't imagine she's totally out of the show. And will return next year. But then maybe her only function was to break Raj'a heart and then set him on a new path. Plus I just can't forget the aspect of Raj's parents that will deny him his inheritance if he does not marry an Indian girl.

14. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    So will Raj's selective mutism be permanently cured, or will he relapse once he has recovered from his emotional heartbreak?

15. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

If he relapses, it will make this episode and his entire relationship with Lucy rather pointless.