What's new

The Big Bang Theory - season 4 thread (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
While I'm becoming more and more opposed to any outside interference with the core group the last episode is probably as close as it gets to being tolerable, they should have included Zach, that guy was hilarious.

But any chance to see Bernadette is welcomed, even her voice gets my motor runnin' lol.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
The panel discussion just like the lunchroom confessionals from an earlier in the season was nonstop laughter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a good overall episode with the weakest bit being the panel melt down at the end. While the bit with Penny getting the ride back from the handsome professor was a good bit! The room hopping was a fun bit as we see the guys and Penny go from room to room. And thr car ride was funny too. Poor Penny. I just thought it was over the top for these professional scientists to be so petty on the panel in front of an audience! But I know it was part of the fun of the episode. It seemed when Sheldon got drunk and took his pants off in front of an audience in that other episode from a previous year, seemed more organic and logical progression of the situation.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Really enjoyed this episode. I didn't expect the middle section, hopping from room to room, and it was a great sequence. The panel was ridiculous...but have you watched the show...the characters are pretty unreal :) I enjoyed it.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
No comments on the last 2 episodes? I thought the big deal for last weeks episode would be the song and dance number with Raj. I had not seen any advanced promos for it other then a TV Guide on-line article about upcoming new shows to watch for. I expected it to include the rest of the gang, but I can see that they wanted to focus on Raj and Bernadette. Perhaps more will come from that fantasy and Raj will have words with Bernadette. The Star Trek bit with Penny and Sheldon was okay, but I liked how Penny had to call his Mom. This week was okay too, nice to see Jessica Walter still around. The bit about Penny using her female attributes to get what she wanted was nicely fulfilled by Walter's character. Sheldon's clueless way of speaking to his boss on the phone the morning after was pretty good.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I actually don't remember the episode two weeks ago, but last nights episode was one of the best over the last few weeks. You could just see the gears turning in Leonard's head as she was making the "logical" argument for sex. Sheldon's "encouragement" was pretty funny too. READ THE BOOK WE GAVE YOU! It was nice to see Jessica Walter again. I could see them bringing her back every so often to make them all feel uncomfortable .

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Watched the last episodes tonight. Good stuff! Raj & Bernadette dream sequences were fun. It was an odd episode though in that there wasn't a complete story; it just ended. Sheldon having to act his mom was good. And I likes the videochat moments with Miyam bialik. The second one, poor leonard unintentionally selling himself for the university was tragically funny. The latest was even better.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
This week's episode was remarkably good. Everyone of the main characters and the extended and growing cast were well roundedly served. it will be interesting to see if this new relationship between Leonard and Raj's sister will last. The bits with Penny and Amy were good and does appear that she still has feelings for Leonard, which was further crushed by how well suited Leonard and Raj's sister are. Amy's clinical break down of how mismatched Penny was to Leonard was so Sheldon like! Wolowitz and Bernadette's story line was pretty well done and ran it's eventual closure! Perhaps Raj's sister is a short lived story line and could be setting up the season finale between Penny and Raj's sister.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
This week Amy continus to needle Penny about Leonard. But the moment of the episode must have been the assemblage of losers that Sheldon assembles to replace Leonard and gang! I knew that Levar Burton was making a cameo, but that was a disappointment!

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
I thought that the cameo was brilliant. Especially his face when he saw the three guys singing in their various states of drunkenness and dress.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just got caught up with the last two episodes and two things are now official, one is the show works best for me when we have fewer cast members and two I am totally smitten with Bernadette, just listening to her speak is sexy lol.

I also enjoyed Levar Burton's appearance, it was brief but funny.

Best line of the night..."I had to leave, they were having fun wrong."

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
The best part of the show was Sheldons "party". The karaoke scene was so funny.... other than that I am getting kind of bored with the show.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That party WAS funny...because of the misfit nature of the participants. The core players haven't done anything geeky in several episodes...like build a robot or wait in line for hours for a movie.

When storylines revolve around Leonard & Raj's sister (not that there's anything boring about her) and/or they seem to be building up to a showdown/reconciliation with Leonard & Penny...it falls into a state of being any other ordinary half-hour sitcom. If Sheldon's character wasn't so well established as being an asocial genius, the show might have already completely lost its way by now.

It was terrific to see Penny's old boyfriend return. Maybe they could make him a recurring character by now having him now join in their regular Thursday night get-togethers. He could be the less-intelligent foil that Penny's character used-to-be in the show's early stages. She has become homogenized much like Howard, Raj and Leonard.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I would love for this show to go back to the nerdy foursome it use to be. I miss that dynamic. I can see how the Penny, Bernadette and Amy thing could be good, but it has yet to show itself. I agree that having Penny's ex join in would be great! I loved Zack, Kripke and Stuart last night. I say bring those boys on board more often! I just hope this show can get back to the comedy of the first 2 seasons.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Kripke could be a great foil for Sheldon at work...but I CANNOT STAND that speech impediment! If it's supposed to be funny, it's not....at least to me.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
"I had to leave. They were having fun wrong."

It's been a great past three episodes. Love the interplay between all characters. And I'm enjoying how they weave little bits of Amy Farrah-Fowler into the show.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Kwipke's Elmer Fudd speech impediment is getting old.

I forgot Sheldon's line, "They were having fun wrong". That was good one!

My only disappointment with Burton's appearance was that it wasn't long enough. But what he did with it and how it was written was very good as it paid off.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'll confess.

It took me a minute to even "get" that was Lavar Burton. I was totally confused. That's embarrassing since it was so obviously set-up. But I was really wondering...who is this guy walking into Sheldon's apartment?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Hard to recognize him without the banana clip over his eyes ;)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00127X0DE/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001FTDBTW&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0FBQ56ABTEHRW9GESQS5

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I still find the show extremely funny, and I have no problem opening up the show to other supporting characters, the girls all add a fun dynamic to the show and the lesser characters like Stuart, Zack and Kripke are good to have around occasionally. The show uses its cameo well, having Lavar Burton just pop in and out at the end was hilarious. Is Shatner's show officially gone, if so maybe he has time to pop up somehow, they could definitely give his "Get a Life" persona a challange.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks