What's new

The Big Bang Theory - season 4 thread (1 Viewer)

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
This is exactly what I missed about this show...the boys being boys! Nerdy boys! I even loved Penny's new guy. Hope he stays around for a while.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Nelson Au

Damn, it was pre-empted here in California by a football game

In the Bay Area it was preempted for the football but KPIX showed it at 1:35 am on Friday. Thank God my DVR picked it up perfectly it was a really good episode.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
You're right Patrick, I checked the listings last night and KPIX did show it at 1:37am, so I set my computer to record it. :) I'll be enjoying it this evening. Sounds like a keeper. - Edit: I saw it last night. I thought it was well done and a return to form. But the part I thought that had much more resonance for me was Leonard's and Penny's storyline. Poor Raj! I'm glad they addressed Bernadette's and Amy's lack of participation.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
If we ever wondered what Sheldon would be like on Speed we now have the answer lol.

Christ he was bouncing off the walls last night and making a pain of himself with more intensity than I think he's ever displayed before.

Otherwise I loved it, it was strictly the core group this time, not a single secondary cast member showed up.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I agree with you both, Patrick and John. It was a funny episode. But Sheldon was on the edge for tolerable.

I loved the app. In grad school that would have been a dream :) And I've had similarly geeky concepts for computer things, that of course would have a ridiculously small market.

In contrast, Penny's idea was brilliant, could make a fortune, and was of course seen as completely stupid by the fashionless geeks!

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
They actually had a lot of the iOS development terminology correct on the white boards.

The boy's app would be a huge seller too, they just have to know how to market it - as a general equation solver to middle and high school algebra students! :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Years of nerds to come:

CBS Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television have reached a multi-year broadcast agreement for the top-rated, critically acclaimed comedy, THE BIG BANG THEORY, it was announced today by Nina Tassler, President, CBS Entertainment, and Peter Roth, President, Warner Bros. Television. The agreement renews THE BIG BANG THEORY for an additional three years, extending it through the 2013-2014 season.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Hah! The other Josh (who loves Community, and rightly so), is going to be absolutely livid :)

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Wow - how rare is it for a series to be picked up for multiple years at a time (it's the second time for TBBT), let alone in the year following a schedule shift to a new night?

Glad to know the show will stick around for a while.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Jason Charlton

Wow - how rare is it for a series to be picked up for multiple years at a time (it's the second time for TBBT), let alone in the year following a schedule shift to a new night?

Glad to know the show will stick around for a while.

I believe ABC did the multi-year renewal for "The Drew Carey Show," then lived to regret it when the show's ratings collapsed in the final seasons.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Inspector Hammer!

Congrats to Jim Parsons for his Golden Globe win!!

It was nice that Kaley Cuoco was presenting for that category and got to announce his win.

Of course, it's nice to see Kaley Cuoco any time...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks