What's new

The Best CDRs ? (1 Viewer)

Tim L

Second Unit
I have alot of images that I want to archive, but I've heard that there is differences in the quality of different brand makers- can anyone suggest the best ones ( TDK, MAXELL, etc. ?) Any input appreciated

Tim

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Mitsui and Taiyo Yuden are usually considered the two best manufacturers of CD-R blanks. However, you can get Fuji or TDK blanks that are actually Taiyo Yuden.

I trade alot of live music (I've gone through about 4 or 5 spindles of 50 since the beginning of the year.) I like both Fuji and TDK 80m blanks. Next time around I might order some Taiyo Yuden unbranded blanks.

Many people have different likes. I would recommend staying away from generics (anything without a name brand.) I also don't trust Maxells.

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
I've been buying TDK blanks from Costco for about 2 years. I think they are the best. I know they are the best of what I've used. Costco has a 100 spindle for $35 and a $10 rebate, so I guess they're only $25. This is a good deal!

Problem is that I'm 30 miles from the nearest Costco and NONE of the local stores seem to carry TDK. I hope you have better luck finding them!

-Marshall

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Fujis have been good for me. I picked them up for $8.50 50/pk spindle at Staples. They're manufactured by Taiyo Yuden.

Salvador

Second Unit
kodak doesn't make anymore cd-r's but if you could still find them they're the best i've used so far. Maxell's are one of the brands that you would stay away from. I still have my 2 yr old maxell backups here and lo and behold some of them have bad sectors already!!! While my similarly aged kodak golds are still chugging away and they are the ones that get used heavily.

I suggest buying an el cheapo generic bundle for giving away to friends and get a high quality stack for stuff that you keep for yourself.

Tim L

Second Unit
thanks for the replys- especially the warning about Maxell's- I was given some Maxell Pros Brand- and was going to use, so many brands out there it gets confusing- I went to Comp usa and walked out with nothing- I just couldn't decide! again thanks- any more experiences you guys have I'd be glad to hear about what to stay away from

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks