What's new

The Best Burger Place EVER (1 Viewer)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
When I lived in California I went to a place called Knowlwood. Loved those burgers. I'd often go in intending on getting an order of fish and chips and nearly always walk out with a burger.

Then I moved and there wasn't a decent burger for miles (let alone fish and chips) until Five Guys showed up a couple of months ago. They're no Knowlwood, and they're expensive, but when I'm in the mood for a burger that's where I go.

Now if only a decent place for fish and chips would open up.

BTW - California is the land of In and Out burgers. I've been there a couple of times but I don't know what the big deal is.

John Gido

Second Unit
Five Guys is OK, but I like Red Robin much better.

What, no love for The Margaritaville Cafe or their "knock-off", Cheesburger In Paradise?

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
John has it right: Red Robin over 5 Guys (which is still quite nice, though).

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Earlier today I discovered a new burger place is opening up in my neighborhood - smashburger. Anyone heard of them? They say they're the same as Five Guys but with a (slightly) wider menu selection. Still no Fish and Chips, tho.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, we've got one in the Dallas area, but I've never been there. I think the franchise was opened by a couple of Cowboys. We also have something called Twisted Root that's supposed to be good, but I've never tried it, either. I've also started going to a place called Mooyah that's pretty good. The patties are thin, but they have a sweet pickle that gives it a good flavor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks