What's new

The Best Burger Place EVER (1 Viewer)

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Last Sunday a major thunderstorm hit the DC area and knocked the electricity for my area. I was hungry and it was getting dark so I went to see if my local Five Guys was spared, and it was. A bright shining place! I ordered a heart hardening double burger with cheese and bacon topped with grilled mushrooms and onions. Oh, and a small order of Cajun fries. I was in heaven. I returned home and power was restored.

Marshall W. Carter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall W. Carter
Never been (or seen) a 5 Guys, but I'm going to have to stop now if ever I do pass one.

Best burgers I've had lately were at Carolina Wings: The Buffalo Cajun Ranch Burger (the the sauce is better on the wings...) & the Black & Blue burger. Good eating...

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I will pass on one word of warning about "Five Guys"; they fully cook the burgers. No such thing as medium. They are good because of the quality of their beef, the consistency of their patties, and their toppings. If they cooked them exactly the way I like them, i.e. medium, then they would be perfect.

As for their fries, a small is enough to share. I can't finish it my self, especially after eating their double burgers.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
They call the single burgers "Little" at Five Guys. Probably 1/4 lb patties more or less. That's all I ever order when I go there. The fries are unbelievable.

BillSuneson

Stunt Coordinator
Vote here for Red Robin, one of the best burger places around, not to mention unlimited steak fries.........

Todd K

Second Unit
Don't set your expectations so high that they can't be reached. It's just a very good fast food burger.

The fries are indeed excellent. I recommend getting the full sized burger with the two patties. As noted above, they're well done. I always find the single patty burgers too dry because they're so thin.

GordonL

Supporting Actor
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
My arteries are clogging just looking at that.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
I do like their fries though.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Ok I tried Five Guys and had to have it twice while visiting DC. It was quite pricey for a fast food burger but I ate at 2 locations that could up the overall cost more than a typical place. Baltimore Harbor and the Galleria in Tyson's Corner so I paid the premium. The Bacon Cheesburger was $5.49 and the fries were $2.09 while the drinks are $2.00 or so.

I'd hope a regular 5 guys is not as expensive but I could also have ordered the single burger too :)

Try it if you are in the DC area. You won't be sorry.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
And, according to the never popular Consumer Reports, the Capital Grill Burger ($11.50 for 10.5 ounce) was the best. "Very beefy and flavorful pan-seared patty. Juicy, tender, and well-seasoned with sweet onion and bacon bits mixed into the meat. Served on a lightly buttered roll topped with carmelized onion bits".

Capital Grill is a chain of 24 steakhouses in big cities from Phoenix to Boston.

Runners up. Ruby Tuesday, Plain Jane Burger. $7
Outback Steakhouse, The Outbacker $8.75
Hard Rock Cafe Burger $9

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
The best burgers you can find outside the US (without very specialized, local knowledge) will be found at (a big surprise to me) The Hard Rock Café. If you happen to be in Kuala Lumpur for example, and feel the need for an American hamburger fix, this is the place to go. Or in London or Sydney (the Empire makes perhaps the worst burgers I’ve ever had the displeasure to eat, Australia in particular, as the default hamburger has a slice of beet and is topped with a fried egg).

I never go to one of these in the States, but when one gets a hankering for basic American food when abroad, they are pretty good choices.

Surprisingly, there is a very good place in my little village, 60s in Paradise that makes great hamburgers. The owner is a retired, expat, rock and roll musician from that era, and his menu also include great shakes, root beer floats, a fair hot dog, an OK Philly Cheesesteak (though I’m not an expert in this category) and the fries are also very good.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Yeah, the HRC burgers are very good. I have a hard time trying to convince myself to get something other than a hamburger when I go to one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks