What's new

The Best Burger Place EVER (1 Viewer)

SethH

Senior HTF Member

Very good burgers, but not as good as 5 Guys. You should definitely try them out when they open though. I prefer them to most other fast food type burgers.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
And yet another vote for "Five Guys". It is good to know that I am about 5 miles away from three of their locations. For those that don't know them, this a no frills place. They have a simple menu, only two sizes for burgers, they post where their potatos come from, and they have a sack of unshelled peanuts to nosh on while your order is being prepared. Is it the "best" burger? Maybe not, but I like going there and am never disappointed.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
After hearing all about in'n'out when I was back in NYC, we finally tried one when we moved to Cali. with all due respect, best burger? C'mon...!
Try some diners in NYC.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
This will sound pretentious as hell, but I think the best burgers I ever ate are the ones I've been making at home lately. Use 95% lean organic ground beef, good cheese, whole wheat buns, whatever other toppings I want (sauteed mushrooms are pretty top.) The reason they are the 'best' is they are totally delicious and I can eat them as often as desired without alot of 'ill' effects. A healthy burger that tastes great, it doesn't seem like it should be so.

I am intrigues by the idea of the Waldolf Astoria burger posted above. If I'm ever in NY I'll need to give that a try.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Joe, that sounds pretty damn good!

BBQ sauce!!! Sauteed onions! Jack Cheese!

I might run it by the gf tonite to see if she's game.

:)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Westport Flea Market, in Kansas City, has the best burger I've had in a long time. Premium hamburger from local meat store, great taste. Yum.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Westport Flea Market does have some tasty burgers. I'm glad it wasn't bought out by Hooters last year (if you followed that saga).

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
That place cannot be real. When I was looking at franchise info there was a section talking about the "pretty girls" and ity started by saying "What? Are You gay?" kinda make me think this is just a fake website

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
five guys is average, but only because they flat griddle them instead of flame grilled.
burgers are much better on a flame.

right up the rd we have a "cheeburger, cheeburger" opening.
wonder what that will be.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I like Fuddruckers, Back Yard Burgers are fine, and Whataburger fills me up for cheap. Gonna try a kinda new place here called Steak and Shake...see what thats about.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

Yeah it does. Glad to see it not become hooters.

Best burger I have ever had is at a place called The Burger Barn in western Kansas. For a while, they jokingly called themselves "The Flesh Barn"

But they have a deal with a local slaughterhouse, and have a big advertisement in front "Our beef is straight from our home town". Great atmosphere, great burgers, and you can go out and look straight up at the sky and see.. the sky.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Fudruckers is fantastic!!!!! Better than Five Guys for sure. The only problem with Fudruckers is that their grilled Cajun Chicken sandwich is so great that I always forget about the burgers!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks