What's new

The Beatles Magical Mystery Tour Coming To Blu. (1 Viewer)

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Looks like it's going to look great:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVwjyteZx3c#!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/323175/magical-mystery-tour-on-blu-ray-oct-9

AdrianTurner

BANNED
Real Name
Adrian Turner
Just watched this on the BBC-HD channel - the hour-long documentary was first, then MMT itself. The doco was a fairly solid piece from the Arena stable but I have so say I groaned when Martin Scorsese appeared and proceeded to tell us his thoughts. Is there ANY movie out there that Scorsese won't show up to endorse? He's became such a cliche.
MMT seemed to be of very uneven technical quality but the remastered sound was excellent. Overall the film was incredibly tedious and often banal. I'm so glad the BBC saved me the money which I had planned to spend on the DVD.

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
AdrianTurner said:
Just watched this on the BBC-HD channel - the hour-long documentary was first, then MMT itself. The doco was a fairly solid piece from the Arena stable but I have so say I groaned when Martin Scorsese appeared and proceeded to tell us his thoughts. Is there ANY movie out there that Scorsese won't show up to endorse? He's became such a cliche.
MMT seemed to be of very uneven technical quality but the remastered sound was excellent. Overall the film was incredibly tedious and often banal. I'm so glad the BBC saved me the money which I had planned to spend on the DVD.
But as McCartney has previously said, as The Beatles had stopped touring, this is the only way you get to see I Am the Walrus.
Given that the film is only about 45 minutes long, and given that there are at least three classic 'promo videos' contained within it, I suppose that makes it fairly worthwhile.
Steve W

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yeah, very handy being on the telly, I recorded it in HD & will get round to watching it sometime. I have vague memories of my dad (in '67) saying something like, what's this load of old rubbish, what's on the other side? I might have turned into him (lovely guy), we shall see.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Having the music remixed and remastered by Giles Martin in lossless 24-bit 5.1-channel surround is already worth the price of the blu-ray to me...anybody who owns and loves the remix on the blu-ray of "Yellow Submarine" already knows what I'm talking about!!!

JamesNelson

Second Unit
Real Name
James Nelson
lukejosephchung said:
Having the music remixed and remastered by Giles Martin in lossless 24-bit 5.1-channel surround is already worth the price of the blu-ray to me...anybody who owns and loves the remix on the blu-ray of "Yellow Submarine" already knows what I'm talking about!!!:D
Or the DVD-Audio of Love.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Originally Posted by JamesNelson /t/323352/the-beatles-magical-mystery-tour-coming-to-blu#post_3985911
Or the DVD-Audio of Love.
Another surround gem of a remix that's in my collection as well...love hearing the full-length versions of "Revolution" and "I Am The Walrus" from this disc!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks