What's new

The "Beast" MkIII (1 Viewer)

JimRHIT

Stunt Coordinator
Hey everyone,
Just though I'd share some pix of my new baby :b

She's good for pegging the Rat Shack meter anywhere for 20Hz - 35Hz ( at which point 126dB in my room scares me .. or maybe the windows get scared .... either way)

It sounds excellent in my opinion ... very similar to my 18hz sonotube for my AV12 ... but less localizable

Believe it or not .. this actually blends in very well.

This is one of the two tower that I planned to build, but after ~30 manhours of working on it (now its finished) I think I have all the bass i need :D

Enjoy
http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~walterjj...il%20beast.htm

Thanks agian to Deon and Drew for the assistance

Jim

JimRHIT

Stunt Coordinator
The drivers are some random one offs that I had lying around

vas ~80L
fs ~30Hz
qt ~.6
xmax ~18mm one way

Believe it or not ... I am presently only feeding them one channel of my NAD 216THX ... they are 4ohm svc drivers wired series parallel... so they are seeing about 50W rms each ...

I'll get some finished pix up sometime soon.

jim

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
Wow, only 50w each... but I guess when you have 4 drivers going it makes up for it. Seems like this might be a job for that new PE 500w amp!

Love to see the finished pics when you get time.

JimRHIT

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the compliment Mike.

I used the 4 ports in order to have enough x-sectional area to move enough air for all 4 drivers, while keeping port velocities "low". The problem of using 4 ports is the extreme length of the ports used 4ft ... yeilding pipe organ resonances somewhere above 70Hz, but since I run them from 50Hz down .. no worries.

I modeled them in SoundEasy 8.0 ... of you look at the top of the webpage ... you can see the model for it.

I will get some finished pix up soon enough

jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks