What's new

"The Bad News Bears" 40th anniversary (1 Viewer)

MSC77

Agent
Real Name
Michael Coate
I'd like to mention that over at The Digital Bits we have posted a retrospective article on "The Bad News Bears" to, among other reasons, draw attention to the fact the movie has not yet been given a Blu-ray release (at least in the United States). I hope you'll consider taking a look at the article if you're a fan of the (original) movie and/or wish to reminisce about 1970s era moviegoing.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/columns/history-legacy--showmanship/remembering-bad-news-bears-40th

Paramount...you out there? What is the holdup on releasing a Blu-ray???

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Nice retrospect - I saw it during its first week or so in New Jersey at the Abby Cinemas (where I later worked) and remember a sold-out crowd being rather upset when the film broke about 40 minutes in and it took them over a half hour to fix it (when I was working there I found out that a motor had burned out on one of the platters).

As evidenced by the limp remake, they wouldn't even be allowed to make this movie today.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks