The Back to the Future DVD Countdown thread

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Simon, Dec 5, 2002.

1. John Simon

John Simon Second Unit

Hey, all. I was re-reading one of the reviews of the BTTF DVDs today, and I realized it's less than 2 weeks to arguably the second-most awaited franchise to hit DVD. And since we all know why Star Wars isn't out yet, the release of BTTF really represents the end of the unexplicable abscences of franchises that has existed since the format's birth.
    So I thought it'd be fun to make a countdown thread. Sure, there's Ron's review and the letter from Bob Gale, but I really think this release deserves one more thread. Not only can we countdown the last few days without the BTTF DVD, but I'm curious what everyone thinks of all the rumors that have existed about this title since 1998. Check out BTTF.com's timeline of events for the exact rundown of the various rumors.
    I'd have to say I think the most amazing thing is how accurate the rumors were (not including the release dates obviously [​IMG]). Check out this one from July 8, 1999!!!

2. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

John
    I have the dutch r2 dvd trilogy and let me tell you that it is mind blowing indeed. you are going to love it. This monday we folks here in the UK have the dvd, so the last place to have the trilogy is where DVD started.
    [​IMG]

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    NOT looking forward to going into Best Buy to pick this up a week before Xmas. I went into BB today and the line was all the way down to the end of the appliance department. So, I went to the CS counter and waited 15 seconds and was done[​IMG]. I would pre-order this one to avoid the crowds, but I want my Zoner points.
    Here's looking at 12 days to go.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

4. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

It's funny how I've never owned these films, yet I love them almost as much as Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc. I've preordered them from a vendor that is 6/6 for early deliveries-I don't even want to take a chance on availability. Can't wait to watch them back-to-back-to-back...to the future! [​IMG]

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I plan to beat the rush of crowds at the stores, and be at a 24 hour Wal-Mart that morning around 3:30-ish AM, complete with a flyer in hand to have them pricematch whoever has the lowest price that day! :wink:

6. Brenton

Brenton Screenwriter

7. Louis-Olivier

Louis-Olivier Stunt Coordinator

Well the countdown is over for me, well almost [​IMG]
    Just received my shipping confirmation from my favorite store, which shall go nameless for obvious reasons [​IMG]

8. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens