What's new

"The Assistant" - Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I guess Andy Dick is pretty much a Love him/hate him type of guy so impressions of his new show "The Assistant" will probably be somewhat polarized. I enjoyed the first episode so far. I got the most laughs from

Within like 2 minutes of all the contestants arriving, Andy comes downstairs and announces "It's elimination time, Bitches!"

Andy calling a girl with the name "Ebony" "Amoeba"

Andy leading the contestants to his garage which is lined with tiny cots and saying "You really didn't think you would be sleeping in the house did you"

Coming out of him, it all sounded pretty funny. What do other people think?

Edward Mann

Agent
I was hoping I wasn't the only one watching this show. I think it is hilarious. I find myself laughing quite a bit throughout the show.

I would describe this show as a satire of all the other reality shows. I watched the second episode this morning and found it just as funny as the first. I guess it will only be six or seven episodes since two people are going home each time.

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
I find it kind of funny, but it would probably be funnier with someone other then Andy Dick. It seems like it's too obvious to the contestents that he's just playing a character.

Still, I like: "You shred the lettuce, or I shred you!"

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think the show is hilarious because he's just joking around and these kids are all serious about it. That, and its great that he's making fun of all the other reality shows.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I liked when he visited the two making dinner and was freaking out that the food was not in the pots yet.

Even though Andy may be playing "Andy" I think that makes it all the better. His anal, bitchy, demanding, effiminate ans sadistic characteriztion is perfect for this.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
I actually enjoyed the show. Something about torturing these kids lol. I loved when the one girl that wasn't eliminated was crying and was called to Andy's attention. Who then ordered Tox screens for all the kids. Hehe. It's all in good fun.

I need someone to train my cat to jump on my shoulders.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
My only thoughts are how much trouble I'd be in sleeping in the garage with some of those women on the show. Totally not my taste normally, but that punk looking girl (Stephani?) has me thinking very unpure thoughts when she is on screen for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks