What's new

The Apprentice Season 5 (Feb. 2006) (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
As long as candidates make indescribably stupid decisions, this show will be worth watching!

Funny that the last two weeks were complete blowouts, but with a different team winning each time.

Lenny is a riot, but he was a putz about the other guys going to shul. I was glad to see Trump show them some respect.

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
Last night's show was extremely entertaining, in spite of and because people were not using their business sense.

Usually, the Trump business lessons are only mildly applicable to the task, but this time, flexibility was a major issue for both sides. Synergy's leader, Andrea, had it, but Gold Rush did not.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I agree that last night was one of the most entertaining episodes of The Apprentice in quite some time. I loved Lenny's "I wish her brain was as big as her boobs" line and just his overall badass Russian attitude. The only thing I could have done without is seeing Brent do his Jabba the Hutt impression as he ate everything within a five block radius.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

How many of us were thinking the exact same thing at the time? :D (Must've been my Russian ancestry showing itself.)

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I just don't get why people still use the "we lost the task because I argued with so-and-so" excuse.

Argument = a few minutes.
Task = several hours.

Unless you can make a direct link as to how that one argument effected all other phases of the task then you have no case so don't bother bringing it up.

It was obvious to me that they should have brought into the boardroom the person who hired the comic (and models.) There is one case where you can easily make a direct link between cause and effect.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I think people just get preoccupied with getting rid of someone specific for reasons unrelated to the actual task.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Yep. Not that I think that Brent deserved to win or even get far in the game. I felt bad for the opposition. They treated him pretty badly and it was one thing to not have much respect for him, but there were instances where they were actually pretty mean. They didn't like him because of his appearance and it all just seemed like the pretty people picking on the not so good looking person.

Although, he did have a number of undesirable personality traits. I wonder if there was any chance he would have survived the last board room if he did not go so on the offensive with the project leader in front of Trump.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
This show could run for 20 years and there would still be people opening their mouths in the boardroom when Trump is busy picking on someone else. They'll never learn!!!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Yet again, Trump appears to make his decision based on something not directly related to the task -- he seemed to fire Dan mainly because Lenny had a bad idea and Dan didn't bring him to the boardroom. Then again, maybe it was the editing, but Dan could have done a better job of explaining why he didn't bring Lenny in. The original idea was Lenny's but everyone liked it -- it's not like they told Lenny to come up with something and he made a bad decision. They were all brainstorming together.

Trump also didn't seem to care about Lee sucking up to Bill and Carolyn while not helping with the task. Why bother?

A couple of weeks ago, he was mad at the project leader (Theresa) for not bringing Charmaine to the boardroom, and that factored into his decision to fire her then as well (although there were other factors involved).

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
The whole reasoning for firing some people is really just turning into a crapshoot. Not bringing Lenny in? Who cares, you have 3 perfectly firable people infront of you. Each screwed up in their own way but overall "Orlando Bloom" should have been fired.

I do have to disagree with Trump in that Lenny's idea was horrible and that's why they lost. I think how they ended up shooting it and conveying it was poorly done. Otherwise, their commercial and the other teams were nearly identical. And you also can't forget that it was Lenny saying the text was bad and that you needed VO.

And is Tammy looking hotter than ever? :b

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Why stop at firing just Dan....it's not like he hasn't fired more than one person before in the boardroom. He should have taken orlando bloom with him!

That redhead..... she is an idiot. The whole reason for having the first few seconds of boring dullness in the commercial was to get the point across that they were bored on that cruise!

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I think they fired the right guy although I would have also agreed with firing Terek. I don't know why The Donald focused so much on Lenny.

The original idea concept doesn't hurt you as much as the execution. They totally didn't stick with the original theme and convey that the guy was a castaway. Plus Terek never listened (our lesson for the day) to Lenny's concern that the commercial needed voice overs. Terek wouldn't even consider it because it was his "impressionist painting." The executives even explained why having a voice over was a good thing.

And that redhead Andrea is a beyotch. Good for Roxanne to say it like it is. Roxanne is one of my top three at the moment.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
A few weeks ago, in the TV Guide interview with the cannee of the week (I think it was Theresa), she said something along the lines of "I thought the other contestants were all good people, except for Tarek -- he was a total liar!"

I think Trump wanted to keep him around so he could keep taking stupid cracks at Mensa.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Unless Tariq steps up he is the next one out the door. Trump is already miffed at him and all he needs is a little push in the right direction.

For me this season is full of a bunch of losers. I really haven't found one in the group that I like or would be upset if they got fired. I would love to see Trump say "You know. You are all a bunch of losers. You are all fired!" like he did last season.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I don't know about you but each new season of The Apprentice seems to have more and more creative edits. It really goes to drive home how they can make anyone they choose to seem like a real pain in the ass. And the blatant advertising for a particular product line is getting more and more out of hand. I guess it pays the bills but I always end up feeling that had we seen the whole scene or more of the boardroom that we might come up with really different opinions on who should be fired.

I know it has always been like this but this season all the above is even more so in your face.

It is going to be fun to see what they do with the gang in LA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks