What's new

The Apprentice Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Tonights ep was insane. Elizabeth and Ivana and Maria were all to blame so why on gods great earth would Stacie J. get fired.

I'm sorry, but I think people are freaking out over little things with regards to her personlaity and this show is doing this firing the crazy girl for ratings!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Damn, those women are bitches. Stacie J may have been a bit nutty, but for them to turn against her like that just because they don't like her.....I don't think looking at an 8-Ball is grounds for insanity. Granted she did act pretty weird in the first episode, but has stablized since then.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I do agree on them booting her off because they do have to spend so much time putting out her fires. She's not a team player. The girls got rid of their most apparent weak link.

Travis_S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis
That was really ugly. It is comical how inept Apex is and how convenient a scapegoat Stacie became. I'm shocked that Trump went along with it. I mean, this isn't like Survivor where you vote someone off is it? Oh well. I wonder what will happen to them now that they are without their whipping post.

Joshua_W

Second Unit
What exactly did Stacie do that had everyone terrified? Ivana said she was cowering in a corner, fearing for her safety?

I don't really remember much from the first episode, and she didn't really make much of an impression on me either way, I guess.

danak

Second Unit
I was appalled at the women's actions. Stacie may have acted a little weird that first episode, but the other women blew it all out of porportion. They didn't like her (for good reason) and used this opportunity to gang up on her. I was surprised and disappointed that none of the women were honest enough to say the other ladies were exaggerating. Stacie was probably overstressed that first week and went into annoying mode, but no one was cowering in a corner, they just were highly annoyed and rolled their eyes.

On the other hand, Stacie was not a good asset. She screwed up several times and she did not try to bond with the rest of the team. It was necessary to get rid of her at some point, but not like this. The remaining women should be ashamed of themselves. They showed a complete lack of integrity and none of them deserve to win because of it. I hope Trump eventually watches the tape of Stacie's alleged meltdown and realizes he got played.

Dana

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
It seems like the producers went too TV on this one. Last year it seemed like they wanted to get a real diverse mix of candidates with different backgrounds who were successful in there business.

This year it seems like they green lit a few folks who were clearly chosen for there possible good tv ratings.

The show is still decent, but not as good due to this.

Stacy was an obvious attempt at some ratings Gold. WHy would a producer bring her in otherwise, she is out there.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It would appear that the Donald is letting the job interview process get out of control. Now, for most of these applicants, it's just a matter of time before they are given the boot, but I'm having a hard time even coming up with a final four that would be worthy of winning the title of The Apprentice #2.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
I actually felt a little bad for Stacie even though I agree should she have been fired at some point (I dont think she deserved it for this task however). Having all your team members call you crazy and then have to defend yourself in front of the cameras could not have been easy.

quote:Now, for most of these applicants, it's just a matter of time before they are given the boot, but I'm having a hard time even coming up with a final four that would be worthy of winning the title of The Apprentice #2

You hit the nail on the head. If someone doesnt step up soon Donald is going to have a tough time finding a winner.

By the way, was it me or did Mike Piazza seem very uncomfortable with the "guest appearence" and brushing his teeth. I would galdly brush my teeth all day for 20K.

shaniceMW

Stunt Coordinator
well about this episode, the women will now have to really step up because they have no one else to blame. they also have no talent. that's a damned shame what they did to stacie j. you best believe that none of them will be the final two.

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
It seemed that Stacie almost didn't mind being fired, she didn't make much of an arguement in her own defense other than "I'm not crazy". Maybe she really wasn't happy and was glad to go.

quote:They didn't like her (for good reason) and used this opportunity to gang up on her.

Absolutely. When Trump called them all to the boardroom and started asking them each about Stacie, those women were like sharks who smelled blood. They attacked. One of them (I think it was the other Stacey) said something like "I have never been so scared in my whole life". C'mon, give me friggin' break!

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I was also disappointed that Trump made his decision. And it was amusing hearing his 'yes' men agree with him afterwards.

What also puzzles me is that why are the teams having such a hard time with the promotions. They've seen the first show, and they know it's going to be a regular part of the series. Also, during negotiations, they can't find someone willing to appear on the number 1 television series, seen by 10's of millions of viewers? Seems like they could get Chevy to give them a Corvette to give away instead of $5000 in cash, just to get their image on the screen. There must be additional rules to be followed that I don't know about.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
They have to do these things in a day or two at most (or that's what they want it to look like). How easy would it be to get the approvals for a free corvette from chevy in a day?

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I went back and watched my tape of the first episode and nothing like cowering or hiding in corners took place. They all sat there with surprised looks on there faces, but they were even joking with her or at her while eating their salads.

Those woman are all full of shit! They should all be fired for turning their screw ups into a "Stacy keeps us from doing our jobs" issue.

For such a smart and savvy business man, Trump sure got taken by these apprentices.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Agree that this was an awful turn of events. Stacie shouldn't have been out this show after how the other women screwed up the competition.

The rules probably state that you can't bring on another corporate sponsor that would take time away from the main show's sponsor. P&G paid at least 100K to be on the show this week, I really doubt they'd want to see Chevy muscling into the picture.

Nobody has really shown much, but I didn't start watching last year until there were 8-9 left so I don't know what the early eps were like. Could you really tell early on who the contenders would be?

Gotta love the promos for next week. And now the finger pointing begins! or something like that. That's what they do every show
biggrin.gif

WillG

Senior HTF Member
quote:I actually felt a little bad for Stacie even though I agree should she have been fired at some point (I dont think she deserved it for this task however).

I agree. I don't think Stacie is good by any means. But look at the other two. One was an inept leader, the other one blew the victory by going over budget. If that did not happen, the women would not have been in the board room period. One of them clearly deserved it over Stacie.

quote:By the way, was it me or did Mike Piazza seem very uncomfortable with the "guest appearence" and brushing his teeth.

He made some face while brushing that looked to me like he thought the toothpaste was awful.

quote:Seems like they could get Chevy to give them a Corvette to give away instead of $5000 in cash, just to get their image on the screen. There must be additional rules to be followed that I don't know about.

I'll bet there is a rule somewhere that states that the contestants cannot use the show to get leeway when dealing with vendors. Items have to be procured at the normal rate.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
quote:It seems like the producers went too TV on this one. Last year it seemed like they wanted to get a real diverse mix of candidates with different backgrounds who were successful in there business.

Yeah this season is feeling too much like survivor. With the precedent set this week what's to stop everyone from forming alliances and trying to force people out? Stacey J did strike me as a bit crazy but she didn't deserve to be fired for her performance this week.

Also, I thought Andy's million dollar idea was very clever and was rooting for them to pull it off. Definitely one of the better ideas I've seen anyone on the show come up with and *if* he had been successful I think it would have gone over like gangbusters.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
quote:Also, I thought Andy's million dollar idea was very clever and was rooting for them to pull it off. Definitely one of the better ideas I've seen anyone on the show come up with and *if* he had been successful I think it would have gone over like gangbusters.

It seemed VERY optimistic to me to think that someone would accept $40K in insurance premium when there was a 1/200 risk of losing $1M.

It was embarrassing to see the women gang up on Stacie. Her behavior in ep 1 was REALLY odd and somewhat unnerving, but their descriptions of it were way out of line, IMO. I don't necessarily think it was a bad idea to fire her thugh, the tension she created in the team seemed to have a detrimental effect.

I think the reason the other women were scared of her was that she looked too much like that criminal genius Sideshow Bob.
biggrin.gif

/Mike

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor
The way I see it, if all the women hated Stacie that much, she needed to go regardless of the fact that they are all liars who exaggerated what happened that day she went "crazy". You can't work in a group with someone everyone dislikes for valid or invalid reasons.

If the women keep up this group catfight all season though, Apex group will be nonexistant in a few weeks. Should be interesting. I'd still like to see Jen and Maria get kicked soon, they irritate the hell out of me.

Also, am I the only one who thinks it's absurd Piazza needed 20K for a 30 min. gig where he didn't smile once. Ugh.
thumbsdown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks