What's new

The Apprentice Ongoing Thread (1 Viewer)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
The Survivor format is really starting to show, especially Survivor: The Amazon.
  • Two teams with 8 Players each, men vs. women.
  • One player is fired each week (instead of being voted out)
  • After 4 weeks, there is team swap.
I'm guessing there is a going to be a merge into one team after the next two players are gone? :)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
What's up with Trumps hair? I mean really. If he's bald then ok, but that is the weirdest looking thing I've ever seen.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I hate that ultra-weird combover that the Donald uses to hide the follically-challenged top portion of his scalp. It does look ludicrous, especially on a weekly basis.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor

The "Sams" of the world seem to go further than you expect based on their ability. It was obvious again as he survived two other players when he should have been the first to go. Even the "Donald" was taken in by his bluster.

Sam's personality trait is vanity. He has an elevated opinion of his own worth and believes others are there to serve him. When his competence is questioned and his lack of results is pointed out, he blames others. He is quick to point out his strengths, but humility is lacking. I would love a copy of his handwriting to see what character traits are revealed.

Where are the 200 IQ highly successful business people that Trump said were selected? I haven't seen one yet on either team. Probably the Donald just hyping the show. I have not been impressed by anyone I have seen.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
2/5/04

Jessie did sandbag Kristi with her advice of just keeping her yap shut and to take all the criticism. Kristi should have known the gig was up when Jessie put the blame on "the project manager" in her answer to Trump.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Yes that was pretty messed by Jessie. I thought that when she blamed Kristi that Kristi would change her mind and pick Jessie to join them in the boardroom. They should have known by now that talking is what keeps you alive in most cases. Just look at Sam. He wouldn't shut up and survived twice. Surely the guys have mentioned his antics in the boardroom to the ladies.

This is still one of my favorite shows on TV and the mixing of the sexes is really going to add some good competition.

BrianAe

Second Unit
I think after such a poor performance on what in my opinion has been the best designed mission to date, that Donald had no choice but to let Kristi go.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I thought that Omarosa would get the axe. I figured Heidi would survive just because she was so feisty. (Personally I think Trump can't fire her fast enough, maybe next week.) I thought Kristi would survive based on her past good performances, especially after Nick survived last week. Omarosa, however was willing to lay all of the blame on Kristi for the team's failure and for losing the money. When asked by the Donald what happened to the money Omarosa said she gave it to Kristi and she put it in her butt pocket. The Donald asked her what she did when she found out the money was gone and she said that she went and had everyone check their pockets, packages, etc. I figured Trump would call her on not being sure about the money. Heidi kept talking about Kristi back-stabbing her, but Kristi clearly got the knife in the back and didn't stand up for herself so she ultimatley was fired. Interestingly, Kristi didn't even mention that in the cab.

Steven L

Stunt Coordinator
I thought both project managers had pretty poor strategy when choosing teams.

Nick got to pick first. Now there can only be two guys on each team, meaning he can only pick one guy - since he would be the second guy. There are seven women to choose from so he’s bound to get some strong women players no matter what. But he picks a woman first! Why not go for the strongest man first? Granted he picked Bill second (who I think is the strongest player of all), but I would have picked him first to avoid risk losing him to Kristi.

As for Kristi, once Nick had picked Bill, she was going to get the other two guys no matter what, so why not leave them for the end since she’s going to get them anyway, and pick the better women first? But she wastes picks naming the guys leaving some of the better woman available for Nick to steal.

I thought Kristi’s mistake was worse than Nick’s. As a result, I think Versacorp is the stronger team; not only do they have some of the better individual players, but they also seem to have better chemistry and team unity. Protégé has a lot of problems with the various personalities on the team.

I thought Kristi definitely made some errors, but I was sorry to see her go. Heidi would have been my pick to get fired. She just didn’t impress me with the way she carried on (and on and on and on) about their loss. The goal of the game is to pick a president for one of Donald’s companies – can you picture Heidi as a company president after the way she was behaving? I wonder if Donald gets to see any of the behind the scenes footage, or if he only relies on team results and what his assistants tell him?

BrianAe

Second Unit
FYI, Trump told them they had to pick the opposite sex for the first pick.

Right now, I can't picture many of them as a president of any company with over 10 EEs. Maybe the cigar guy. I think the quality of the contestants was definitely oversold. This is especially true for the people that come from more traditional corporate backgrounds. None of them have particularly rocketed up through the ranks. I like the entrepreneurs better.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
There's no doubt in my mind that Nick picked the best team, best looking team (femalewise) as well. :b I wouldn't swap a single person on that team for one on Protege, not that they are all bad over there, but not as strong as the people on Versacorp.

How about that look on Kristi's face when she was left with Omarosa as the final pick? :D

Also am I the only one that hates the way Jessie talks? She talks so high and ends every sentence with a 'rise' like she is asking a question. I could have sworn she was going to say "and then this one time, at band camp..."

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
The best thing about this episodde was the premier for next week: first Heidi walks in and everyone cheers thinkin that Omarosa got fired, next she walks in and then there's a gasp and then silence....and of course Omarosa saying,"Not what you expected." Pure comedy gold...I had to watch it 3 times..

DonMac

Stunt Coordinator
Kristi should've been fired simply for the Protege team she picked, while Nick did an excellent job picking the best for the Versacorp team. Now on the "new" Protege Corp., I think only Troy has enough leadership skills to win this show, so I think the final winner will come from the "new" Versacorp.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I thought that Kristi had to go after they lost the challenge and she broke down and started apologizing for her loss. It's ok to show dissapointment when a task is failed. But, never show emotion and NEVER apologize. She would not have made a good leader. Omarosa, while not the most likeable contestant, played it correct. She never showed any remorse or emotion about the missing money even though she was in charge of it. She is tough and seems to be pretty much all business, so she could go far.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
INteresting episode today... i didnt like the challenge though... it didn't really focus much on negotiation... it didnt take much to get more bids, just if they were more popular or not...

I really like the versacorp team, they have good potential, very strong team members... Tammy did come up with some very... dumb suggestions. Esp with Carson Daly, and the Chef guy...

Omarosa was HARSH... i dont get why Trump had to push Heidi to say she didnt like Omarosa after her 'non-classy' compliment... As for Jessie, she didnt do that well a job of negotiating, but i thougt it was the plan that was weak, not her negotiation. If they had a better idea to pitch to the designer, she wouldnt have looked that bad. Troy did a good job saving it though, Troy's got good potential IMHO, the most on Protege, i think.

Next weeks looks really exciting, cant wait...

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
You would think that these people would realize by now that in the Boardroom you MUST defend yourself from all attacks, thats the second person to be fired for being weak. Even though someone else was a shoe-in to be fired. I think Omorsa is just about done for looking at the previews, if she doesn't then she is a poison pill for anyone else with her in the Boardroom.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I don't think Jessie realized that you have to be tough to win over Trump. Remember she was the one that told Kristi to say as little as possible, and that led to her getting fired. The guys know how to act in the boardroom as they have been there the most, but it is still fairly new to the women, and completely unknown to the women on the Versacorp team. It is a shame she didn't stick up for herself because then Omarosa would be gone. Not that I think Jessie is all that, but I hate the little smirks and smiles that Omarosa always gives whenever someone else is given a bad remark by trump.

Gotta love Troy though. He always walks into the boardroom with that big ass grin of his. And he did save Jessie's and the teams ass on that negotiation. Just wasn't enough in the end.

Can't wait for next week.

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
Anyone notice Russell Simmons when Troy blurted out a suggestion and called him "Russell"?

Simmons looked incredulous that Troy had the nerve to address him by his first name.....that guy struck me as very pretentious and arrogant. Way to go Troy!

aldamon

Second Unit

Russell acted that way because of Troy's accent. His reaction was clarified on the show. Regardless, I agree that Russell was the most obnoxious celebrity by far. Sitting there all smug saying no repeatedly and abruptly without any feedback on WHY the suggestions wouldn't work. Really annoying. These people weren't groupies. They were trying to raise money for AIDS research!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks