What's new

The Andy Griffith Show: The Complete Series? (1 Viewer)

classictvfan91

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian Hayden
To CBS Home Entertainment:
I would like to suggest a Complete Series set of The Andy Griffith Show, with all episodes unedited and in high definition (and with the laugh tracks intact), all the episodes of Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C., unedited and in high definition, Mayberry, R.F.D., (from Warner Brothers) unedited and in high definition, sponsor spots, cast interviews, documentaries, Return to Mayberry, the TV specials (1985, 1990, 1993, 2003), Matlock's homages to The Andy Griffith Show (including clips of co-stars of The Andy Griffith Show appearing on Matlock), Don Knotts's appearance on Step by Step (as "Deputy Fief"), Barney's commercial with the "Crash Test Dummies", Andy Griffith's appearance in the October 25, 1963 Bob Hope special, audio/text commentaries, George Lindsey's appearances on Hee Haw, production notes, promos (CBS, syndication, TBS, TV Land), The Andy Griffith, Don Knotts, and Jim Nabors Special, Hal Smith's Mothers Against Drunk Driving commercials, Alan Jackson's "Don't Rock the Jukebox" music video with Hal Smith, the pilot episode from The Danny Thomas Show (27 minutes), Jim Nabors' appearances as Gomer Pyle on The Lucy Show and Hi Honey, I'm Home, Goober and the Trucker's Paradise (1978), The New Andy Griffith Show's pilot episode, "The Joey Bishop Show: Joey's Hideaway Cabin" with Don Knotts as Barney, CBS fall preview specials with the cast, Inside TV Land: The Andy Griffith Show, The E! True Hollywood Story: Andy of Mayberry, the trailer for "Angel in My Pocket", the Biographies of Andy Griffith, Don Knotts, and Ron Howard, and more.
Some additional material for this set: The Don Knotts Show (1967), The Don Knotts Nice, Clean, Decent, Wholesome Hour (1967), The Don Knotts Special Variety Special (1967), Mr. Moe's (1988), the Saturday Night Live parody of The Andy Griffith Show with Ron Howard, and a "Mayberry Jukebox" with albums released by the cast and the show's soundtrack album.
Scripts from the show should be included as .PDFs.
English subtitles should be included.
A collector's book should be included.
Jim Clark, Ken Beck and Dale Robinson should be executive producers of the set.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Why wouldn't the laugh tracks be intact? Was there an issue with the laugh tracks in the season box sets? What would really be nice is if they would offer it with two soundtracks, one with and one without the horrible phony laugh track, like the M*A*S*H DVDs.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yes, a few episodes in season four I think, most notably for me, OPIE THE BIRDMAN, were missing the laugh tracks. Strange how it made Andy's ribbing of Barney seem downright cruel without the laugh tracks, to the point where I stopped watching that episode. They restored it in the complete series set and the 50th Anniversary DVD set (which I bought just for that episode). Annoying to say the least, to have to spend the extra money, but I am happy just to have that episode with the laugh track restored.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks