What's new

The Amazon Gold Box (1 Viewer)

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Last night I checked the box and saw an Epson 1280 color ink jet printer. This is the printer my art dept swears by. I've used it and I've been impressed. The gold box price was $401.... Add to that Epson's $100 rebate and the printer was $301. I'm pretty excited by that. Not that I needed another printer, but I think it will make a nice addition to my Nikon 995 I got in April. =)

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Has anybody noticed that the "goldbox" looks exactly like the PBS "Antique Roadshow" logo (except that one is red) ?;)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
  1. Philips FW-i1000 Internet Audio Compact Stereo System $341.99
  2. Microsoft D66-00021 Wheel Mouse Optical $14.53
  3. Omni Swings n' Things 513 Rope Hammock Chair, Hunter Green $46.79
  4. First Toys $15.99
  5. Handspring Visor Prism $255.46[/list=1]

Only the Handspring interests me and I can get a better deal than that on it elsewhere. Feh to Gold box.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Ok, I think the magic is gone. If I wanted to be offered junk I don't need, I'd go to a mall.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
One of the items that popped up in my Gold Box yesterday was accompanied by text indicating it was sold out. Why bother to offer it in my Gold Box if it's not available? Put in something else (like a DVD)!

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Yes, nice mix but no CDs or DVDs for quite a while for me. However, I did buy the Logitech cordless optical keyboard and mouse for $66.xx out the door. I did a pricegrabber on it and it's the best out the door price by $10. It was the second time I've been offered it and I couldn't refuse the second time. On top of that, our current cordless mouse is worn out and it's not tracking well.

Wish you all good luck in your GB offers!

Bob

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
However, I did buy the Logitech cordless optical keyboard and mouse for $66.xx out the door.
I had offered to me too, and I bought it. My first purchase from the gold box and it was the first item I was interested in. I get a lot of tools offered to me, never had a DVD offered.

Marshall W. Carter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall W. Carter
A frying pan, weed eater, pressure washer, brad nailer, porcelain place setting, a baby stroller, a Goldstar room air conditioner (thinking of a MST3K line right now), painter, bathroom scale, Epson Stylus 890 printer, nonstick baking sheets, a sunflower doll, a hart-shaped casserole dish, a Leatherman Glacier multitool (at least this one was interesting for 5 seconds) and an orbit sander. At least they all seemed to be in stock.

The consensus that Amazon's Gold Box is a bust seems to be correct...

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
OK, you Goldbox faithfuls, I actually saw something good today (unseen before), an ATI All-in-Wonder video card for $116 plus change, with free shipping and most likely some kind of $5 or $10 coupon somewhere, it's about 20% cheaper than the cheapest I've seen over at EBay or PriceGrabber. I have to wait, as I am already over budget (WAY OVER) for toys this month:angry: .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks