What's new

The Amazon Gold Box (1 Viewer)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
  • Kodak DX3600 EasyShare 2MP Digital Camera w/ 2x Optical Zoom $201.55
  • SanDisk SDSDB-64R 64 MB Secure Digital Card $34.07
  • Canon EOS Rebel 2000 Silver Date 35mm SLR Camera Deluxe Kit w/ 28-90mm Lens $238.47
  • SONICblue Rio One Digital Audio Player (MP3/WMA) [MP3 AUDIO] $73.48
  • Yamaha TSS-1B 6-Piece Dolby Digital/DTS Surround Sound Computer Speakers (Black) $141.19
Nothing that I'm in the market for. :frowning:

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
:frowning::frowning:
For the first time ever, my Tresure Chest is gone! :frowning:
I did snag a sweet deal on the Memento DVD a few days ago via the Gold Box, but that's a story for another (locked) thread. ;)

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
It's funny, about 2 minutes after I posted that I had never been given a treasure chest before... it showed up! (I think they have my computer bugged)
Unfortunately, everything in it was a toy from their toy store aimed at the toddler market. I guess that would be great for somebody but I don't have any kids!! In fact, I only admit I'm married under duress. ;)
Oh well, here's hoping tomorrow's deals will be better.
-Lyle J.P.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, in my Gold Box, I just got a great deal on a birthday present for Mom. Over $30 cheaper than the same item at Costco, and with free shipping!

Still no DVD's in my box so far, either, though I just got the Gold Box starting yesterday. I hadn't seen one until then.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I must've gotten the attention of someone over there at Amazon - no, I'm not getting DVD deals, I'm not getting any gold box. :rolleyes:
Is there a certain amount of times that you get it then it disappears for good?

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
all of a sudden my gold box is gone, but i like the idea. brings me back to the site more often, which is what they want. at first i just got offers for electronics, mainly hard drives and mp3 players, no dvds. then i got an offer for a 256 mb flash card for like $48, and i get a $10 rebate on top of that. i snagged that up, hoping my camera supports it. even if it doesnt, i can always sell it, going for 80-120 roughly. good deal for me either way. after i bought that, i only got offers for kitchen stuff, which i dont need. and now i dont have my gold box there, even deleted my cookies too....argh

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Yamaha TSS-1B 6-Piece Dolby Digital/DTS Surround Sound Computer Speakers (Black) $141.19
I got this a little bit ago - darn nice set up for your computer.

I'll trade with anyone - I'm in the freakin' "harware" cycle - I get offered drills, screwdrivers, etc. only. sigh.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Saw Momento SE again, but price had gone up significantly, it's now $10 something plus shipping. I got mine for $9 something including shipping.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Still not getting it. To those who aren't receiving the Box, did it happen all of a sudden? Were you getting it for a week or two then it cut out completely?
I still haven't figured out why mine just stopped. :crazy:

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
I don't know. I just log in at the amazon from 3 different machines periodically and it shows up. Once a week maybe?

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
My gold box has mysteriously disappeared as well. Seeing that I kept getting an "Apple Timer" and little in the way of anything I really wanted, I'm not crying too much about it.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
If you're running Internet Explorer, go to Tools>Internet options>Privacy and then switch it to "Block all cookies". Exit out of IE and then go back to amazon and you should see it. When you're done looking at the Gold Box, go back and switch the cookie setting to what you had it at originally.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
It's weird... I used to be able only to get the Gold Box on my dad's computer... now it has flip-flopped and I can't get the Gold Box on his computer, but it shows up on my computer.
I wish I was in the market for an MP3 player, because that is all that I am getting. (Along with a Canon Rebel camera that keeps taunting me :) )
Weird. :)

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Got a Viking 256MB Compact Flash Card for $49.27 before $10.00 mail-in rebate!
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks