What's new

The Amazon Gold Box (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just went to tools--->internet options--->privacy.

and set to block all cookies. and then myy gold box finally popped up. nothing but haNDHELD CD PLAYERS AND MP3 PLAYERS BUT THERE IT was.

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
The gold box all of a sudden stopped comming up for me.
I deleated cookies & it popped up again.
I finally got a good deal Memento (Limited Edition) for $6.29.
Sweet!

Todd

I should add I'm running a fully updated windows 98.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
I just got offered a 'Olympus C-7-AU AC Adapter' I would think that if you were offering something as specific as an accessory you'd at least pick something the user had....

I'm still waiting for something good that they have in stock!

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I bought a friend a bunch of children's books for his newborn about three months ago. This was the first and only time I have ever bought children's stuff during the years I have been using Amazon.com but for some reason all of my offers in the gold box have been for toys. Interesting.

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
Interesting ... Amazon has figured out I'm not interested in housewares and has now moved on to hardware. But as a teaser, I get the following first:
Link Removed
I also noticed that last week, I got Memento LE for $6.29 ($15.00 Gold Box coupon). The above offer is a $11.25 Gold Box coupon. Sure looks like they're experimenting with price points once again.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
I think it's totally random, I was getting Goldbox since day 1 they introduced it. And all of a sudden, with no change in system or software, my Goldbox disappeared. Tried everything suggested in this forum, made no difference, wasn't a big deal, so I just let the thing go. A few days later, it just mysteriously reappeared again. This time, I did manage to buy Momento on the cheap. For a long time it was 99% tools, and then it was baby stuf for a few days, and "outdoor" stuff for a couple of days (guess it makes sense as pre-4th items), now it's back to tools again.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Here's my latest offerings:
  • Motorola TalkAbout T5420 (AA) Graphite Black 2-Way Radio (Pair)
  • Apex AD-1600 DVD Player
  • Microsoft D58-00026 Intellimouse Optical $29.88
  • D Link AirPlus DWL-650+ Wireless 22MBPS PC Card $68.39
  • Olympus DS2000 Digital Voice Recorder $134.99
Seems like they've gotten back to electronic toys, which is a bit closer to my preferences. Wish they'd come up with some DVD deals though.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
As soon as I open my big mouth, they give me this:
  • Precidio Tropical Plaid Melamine Bowls, Set of 4, Willow Green $4.49
  • LitterMaid LM900 Self-Cleaning Litter Box $118.39
  • Hamilton Beach 05521 Cool Mist Humidifier $50.99
  • Hamilton Beach 727W Classic DrinkMaster Drink Mixer, White $23.48
  • Chocolat $11.99
Ok, so the Chocolat DVD seems appropriate. As far as my wish, let me rephrase: Wish they'd come up with some deals on DVDs I'd buy. ;)

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
I have never seen the gold box. I'm always looking for it, but I have never been able to find the damn thing.

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
Something else I have been doing that seems to work instead of deleting cookies is making sure to sign out of my account after checking the gold box offers.

I even had the gold box come up twice & even 3 separate times (15 products offered) in one day though the Amazon site states...
"You can access your Gold Box once every 24 hours".
Only thing I went for so far is the Memento I stated earlier.
Got the Chocolat $11.99 offer this morning, but I passed.

Todd

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Yes, I can usually access it a couple times each day, too. And they are usually themed differently, eg all tools or all baby related stuff. The only dvd that was even somewhat intersting that I've been offered was "The Others" for $11.88 or so, but I figure with shipping for 1 dvd it's not worth it.

Nathan A

Second Unit
alright...i've been checking my gold box daily for the last 10 or 11 days and all i've gotten was....kitchen and hardware stuff. well, there was a $500 monitor and black hawk down ($15), but i don't need a $500 monitor and i'm holding off on BHD for the SE. literally everything else has been kitchen stuff (bread maker! flatware!) and tools i don't want or need (metal detector! measuring tape!). i'm not giving up yet on it yet, but getting disappointed every day hasn't gotten any more fun.

Jaime_G

Agent
I have been checking for the last two weeks and i have yet to get offered a darn dvd! Even if i have the dvd they offer in the gold box i wll be happy. As many of the previous posts have said. All i get is kitchen appliances and bread makers, that i dont need and will likely never purchase.

The Gold Box should at least pattern there offers according to the items a particular amazon customer purchases.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
u guys are luky u get good offers. all i usually get is a bunch of cookware.

l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
The latest random offers from Amazon:
  • Nesco American Harvest FD-1010 Gardenmaster Food Dehydrator $89.69
  • Norelco T600 Acu-Control Cordless Rechargeable Beard & Moustache Trimmer $17.99
  • Libbey Flare 16-Piece Beverage Glass Set, Cobalt Blue $17.74
  • Polder Triple Kitchen Timer/Clock $15.59
  • Oneida Satin Sand Dune 53-Piece Stainless Steel Flatware, Service for 8 $67.99
:rolleyes:thumbsdown:

Colin-H

Second Unit
I got $10 (the already low price of $99) on a Pananasonic RV31K in my gold box yesterday. I was in the market for a cheap DVD player so I picked it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks