What's new

The Amazon Gold Box (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
Had I been offered Special Collectors Edition of Memento, I would grabbed it in a second.
-Andre F

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
I just discovered I can only get the box with netscape...

And they sold out of the ATI All in Wonder 7500, something I might have bought! Damn!

Anyone get a price on that item? (just to beat a dead horse)

MikeM

Screenwriter
Jeff, just curious, are you on a PC or a Mac? I can only get the Gold Box on the PC version of Explorer.
Oh, and the ATI All in Wonder 7500 was on sale for only $29 bucks! Yes, 29 bucks!!
I'm totally kidding! :D :D :D I didnt see the price either, because when it was offered to me, it was already sold out as well. :frowning:

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Mike at the moment on a PC, nothing on Explorer 6. Only Netscape for me.

You had me with the $29, I was about to get pissed I didn't get in on that! =)

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
At this point, I want to get Vanilla Sky and Memento:LE, but I'm not interested in buying unless I can get these items at the same incredibly low prices other people have...
Didn't Amazon get into some hot water a year or two ago for offering the same items to different customers at different prices? (Not via a Gold Box promo - different products just came up at varying prices for different customers - Amazon said they were doing research, or something like that.) I guess technically the Gold Box savings are treated as "coupons", and coupons aren't necessarily given to all people equally (as we all know thanks to Best Buy ;) ), but still, this is getting to be a bit frustrating.

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
Is there a pattern here ....

It seems like the first time you check your gold box, you get something great. After that, it's crap from categories that don't represent your interests. 90% of my purchases from Amazon have been software & electronics. But, since my Memento, SCE purchase, I'm getting nothing but housewares and drinking paraphenalia (like fancy cork extractors and wine glasses) Oh ... and that stupid spike that chases moles away came up twice; and the discounts are often pretty weak ... $1-$2 is not even enough to cover S&H.

I'll watch for a few more days, but I'm losing interest quickly. At least I received my DVD of Memento/CE (for $6.) on Tuesday.

Christopher_H

Stunt Coordinator
Today I just got The Simpsons First Season box set for $9.00!!

I am using a Mac with IE5. I see the gold box all the time. If you delete your cookies, then log in to your account, you should be able to see it.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
I just checked and they had run out of everything. Nice, maybe I'll need to start checking at midnight?

They even had a meade etx-125. I've been looking at for a while. Wonder how much that went for...

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I don't know what you all are talking about. I don't seem to have a gold box even though I've bought many things from Amazon before. I'm using IE 6 if that is a problem.

Christopher_H

Stunt Coordinator
This should work to get your gold box!

First you need to delete all your cookies! In IE6 you go to Tools > Internet Options. Here click "DELETE COOKIES" which is located under Temporary internet files. Also click "DELETE FILES" to clear any stored items.

Wait, you're not done. Finally click "CLEAR HISTORY" and then close Internet Explorer.

When you open explorer again and go to Amazon.com you should see a generic Gold Box on the right. When you click it, you need to log-in to see what is in the gold box.

I hope this helps!

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
For over a week I was getting my gold box in Mozilla 1.x and not IE6, but today that was reversed. Now I get the gold box in IE6 and not Mozilla. Haven't done any deleting of cookies... And this is all on the same computer, mind you.

Finally got my first DVD offer today: Behind Enemy Lines for $14.29. Not exactly the outstanding deal some other people have been offered, so I passed. The rest of my box was just electronics.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Earlier in this thread I wrote:
That's exactly my experience Pete. The stuff they show in my Gold Box has nothing to do with anything I've ever bought or browsed at Amazon. It really seems to be quite random what pidgeon-hole they stick you in.
Well shut my mouth! My Gold Box still hasn't shown anything good (still a lot of kitchen appliances and the like), but my wife's account had the Chocolat DVD for $4.50 today. I see in other posts that many have gotten the same offer.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
The first time was all about my interests, this (2nd) time it's absolutely nothing to do with them:
  • Hamilton Beach 04160 HEPA Air Purifier with UV Germicidal Light
  • Lodge 3-Quart Cast Iron Chicken Fryer with Iron Lid
  • Brita 42202 Ultra Faucet Filter, with Pitcher
  • T-Fal Perfection Hard Enamel 12-Piece Cookware Set, Black
  • MAC Sports Malibu Oversized Arm Chair, Green
Gold box. Feh. Big deal.

Andre F

Screenwriter
Anyone figure out why the Gold Box works on some computers and not others? I'm using IE6 it doesn't seem to work for me...
-Andre F

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Going with Christopher's idea, I just went to settings and just deleted my amazon cookie and any files that were associated with amazon.com and I got my first gold box (of course nothing I wanted was in it)!
Go to Tools->Internet Options-> Temporary nternet Files-> Settings-> View Files
Sort on the Internet Address column. The cookies will be first and you should see cookie:login [email protected]. Right click and delete it. Then scroll to all the files with www.amazon.com in that column. You can shift click on the first and last to select all amazons and delete them.
I then went to amazon.com and it gave me a gold treasure chest, and then asked to login.

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
First you need to delete all your cookies!
Wrong. Just delete the one(s) from Amazon. I had two Amazon signed cookies, deleted them both, and there it was...a shiny Gold Box full of tools I wouldn't buy for any price, even if I needed them to bust into Jodie Foster's "panic room." ;)

Andre F

Screenwriter
Deleted the Amazon cookies and there was the Gold Box. Of course there was only tools in it...:frowning:
-Andre F

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks