What's new

The Amazing Race Season 24 (2/23): Returning All-Stars (1 Viewer)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Good ep.
I even felt a little sad at the elimination, which I didn't expect to. I really felt Luke's attitude was MUCH improved this season, for the most part.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Agreed...another great week.

For me, it's trying to make the flights that are the most
nail-biting moments of the show.

I must admit, was not happy about this week's elimination.
However, I know that for some, this team has been a bit of
an annoyance.

I do agree with the assessment that the more likeable teams
remain and as such, we will really have some worthy choices
to root for.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
The race moving on to Sri Lanka, and just have to start off saying, that there are no Twinnies. I can't imagine how much this is eating them up inside, all because of choosing the odd-numbered car back in the 1st leg.

Talk about a huge stroke of luck for Big Brother, at Changi Airport. I can only assume the connecting gates were in the same terminal because 35 minutes (I believe) is really too short to connect in any airport. I wonder why Margie & Luke did not try to look harder for that flight in Singapore, unless that flight was full. Still, it would have been a risk definitely worth taking, as it was either spend an unwanted night in KL, or take your slim chance to make the tight connection, to at least keep up with the rest of the pack.

I can't say that I was happy or sad that Margie & Luke were eliminated. I guess with the inevitable definitely coming, the pressure was off, and Luke seemed a lot more calmer this time around.With the rest of the teams...

Dave & Connor - now that they finished 1st, and matched the number of legs raced from their original season, we can stop being hit over the head with the Achillies heel, sort of speak. Don't get me wrong, I do like them, and hope they get far, as they seem like nice guys. But enough already with the Achilles injury!

Caroline & Jennifer - I can't believe they are making it this far, again! I thought for sure, they would be gone by now! Maybe I did underestimate them. All they have are their looks... and not much else. Still, a good run in a season with a bunch of all-male teams.

Jet & Cord - I liked them in S16, not so much in S18, and now, I am kind of liking them this time, but they better not take unnecessary risks.

Leo & Jamal - glad to see them take it down a few notches, as they are not nearly as annoying this time around. Even with one of their anitcs in the clothing factory.

Jessica & John - at some point, I like to see them win a leg, if only for Jessica, who seems more assertive this time around. John just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. For now, I am glad to see them get further than their original season.

Flight Time & Big Easy - until this leg, they just seemed to be there. Flight Time entertaining the workers at the factory, and throwing the ball not only to Rachel, but to Phil as well. I would have wanted to see Phil dribble the ball and try to make a move. :D

Brenden & Rachel - talk about a huge difference this time around. Or more like a role reversal, as Rachel seems like the calm one, and Brendon is the getting rattled easily, as shown in the spinning plates dance. Still, Brendon this season is a lot more tolerable than Rachel was in her original season. At least they won't have nasty teams to deal with this season.

Also, the train ride from Columbo to Galle was really scenic and nice to see. Even the racers took the time to notice the scenery.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Nobody talking about this week's leg.

Happy it wasn't an elimination round for the girls.

However, would have rooted for an elimination if it were
Brenden and Rachel coming in last.

What a dumb bunny. "Green Car! Let's go Green Car!"

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Brenchel needs to go.
They're not nearly as obnoxious as in the past, but she's already won a big prize from Big Brother.

I guess I just feel it's nicer to spread the wealth, there are other teams more worthy than Brenchel.

I'm still going for my original team, the Afghanimals.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I did like the idea of one of the Detours, being a race to grab a spot, so those who did not grab the first 4 sets of chains, were immediately forced to do the other Detour, which took a lot longer. So in some way, I was glad to see this leg ended up being a non-elimination leg, after dealing with elephant dung. So I give credit to Rachel and the country singers willing to get dirty like that.
Ronald Epstein said:
What a dumb bunny. "Green Car! Let's go Green Car!"
And I thought she was much smarter than that. I would one of the blondes or someone else would have made that type of mistake. Still, it was kind of funny seeing racers going crazy with the lineup of tuk-tuks, and trying to stretch the gas pump as a right-of-way.

Stan said:
I guess I just feel it's nicer to spread the wealth, there are other teams more worthy than Brenchel.

I'm still going for my original team, the Afghanimals.
I won't mind this time around, if they make it to the Final 3, but I am with you, that I don't hope they win it all. Also, I am glad to see the Afganimals win a leg, as I like to see different teams win a leg, and spread the wealth around with the prizes.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Happy it wasn't an elimination leg as well, but I wouldn't cry to see Brenchel go next. Not really fond of the Afghanimals, either. A bit too obnoxiously cocky for my taste.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
A bit sad at the elimination.
I was so hoping it would be Brenchel. She is really starting to annoy me the last 2 episodes. And I like the Globetrotters, but nothing annoys me more than when someone doesn't read the clue completely. They really got bailed out, otherwise it most likely would have been them.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Brenchel needs to go.

If this leg of the race doesn't make you absolutely despise Rachel,
then I don't know what will.

I was saddened by the elimination as well.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Y'all never followed the Brenchel antics from their Big Brother days, it was tough sledding even then... :D

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Brendon, or is it Brandon, seems so normal, just a nice guy. How in the world does he tolerate Rachel? Such a whiny crybaby. And that voice, clichéd I know, but worse than fingernails on a chalkboard.
I guess true love is blind (and deaf).

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I did not like this elimination at all, which is an unfortunate reminder of how something not in direct control, can determine the fate of a team. I really wanted Team JJ make it far in the race for some reason.Now, the achilles heel has become a punchline for Dave & Connor, as they seem like, they will Rome to the final 3.
Patrick Sun said:
Y'all never followed the Brenchel antics from their Big Brother days, it was tough sledding even then... :D
Yeah, I heard Brenden was actually a lot worse on Big Brother, and once he was gone, Rachel was a lot more tolerable.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Walter C said:
Yeah, I heard Brenden was actually a lot worse on Big Brother, and once he was gone, Rachel was a lot more tolerable.
There's a lot of people that would disagree with THAT assessment! :biggrin:

I'm not necessarily one of them, but Rachel sure did rub a lot of viewers of BB the wrong, wrong way!

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
Tonight's episode seemed to confirm what Walter heard about Brenden. He was a jerk tonight, not only to Dave and Connor but to Rachel as well. At this point I would be fine with any team winning except for Brenchel.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
REALLY dislike Brenchel. Ugh! Not too surprised at the elimination; I liked them, but it was just a matter of time. I was impressed with
the class the Afghanimals showed with the U-turn. Very cool.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
So I asked the BF, after Dave complained about being U-Turned for the 18th time in under an hour of air time, why he thought he deserved special treatment.

The BF said to me...because he's 60 years old.

I don't know if I could be more agitated with Dave (not Connor) right now if I tried. He's a very poor sport and kept harping on the same thing over and over and over to anyone who would listen. Enough (I actually said this to the TV a few times).

Gotta agree with Leo and Jamal. I wasn't expecting their reaction...kudos to them.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yeah, Dave's remarks about his age did become tiresome.

It's a friggin' race for a million bucks, for God's sake.

...and really, I think in Brenchel's position, I would have done the same
with the father/son team hot on my heels.

...not that I am defending the Brenchel team. Brendon was being a real ass.
I wasn't happy to see them come in first again. It concerns me that they could
win this race. With the editors playing up the "if we win this I can have babies"
aspect, who knows if they are attempting to play on our heartstrings for this team
knowing they have already won (as the editors would already know).

(okay, that's the editing manipulator conspirator in me saying that)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Ronald Epstein said:
It's a friggin' race for a million bucks, for God's sake.

...and really, I think in Brenchel's position, I would have done the same
with the father/son team hot on my heels.
Mean and nasty as the U-turn was, there aren't many teams left, you want to win, you get brutal and eliminate or at least delay the competition. I would have done the exact same thing. So the guy is 60, he gets a free pass? That's not how these reality games work. It's not like they sabotaged or mislead Dave & Connor, they used a valid tool in the game to delay them.
Since it looks like war on Brenchel, let's say they get eliminated. You're just ahead of the cowboys and have a chance to get rid of them, of course most people would do it. Just because they're nice guys, let them pass you by? Very doubtful. The friendships and alliances are nice early on, but as this approaches the end, all that gets pushed aside.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I had to laugh as well at Dave's constant comments about U-Turning a 60 year old man. I guess he did believe he should get a pass due to his age. And he and Connor certainly didn't hesitate to U-Turn the Afghanimals, who took it more maturely than the older guy.

I really hope Brenchel doesn't win. (Or I suppose I should say didn't win, since it's already a fait accompli. Ugh.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks