What's new

The Amazing Race season 18 - Unfinished Business (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I too like Kent and Vyxsin, though I agree with
Walter it wasn't too cool for a woman to be carting

around a man like that.

Otherwise my list is exactly the same as Walters.

I would be very happy if Zev & Justin or Gary &
Mallory won. I suppose I am leaning the most

towards Gary & Mallory.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

The cowboys were our favorite team. We are extremely bummed at the outcome of tonight's episode.

However, this episode showed there really is a social aspect to TAR. Even though the Cowboys really did nothing to piss off the other teams (that we saw), it was clear that they kept to themselves and that seemed to put an easy target on their backs as far as the other teams were concerned. It was too bad, as far as I was concerned, that the other teams shared the correct answer to the Lichtenstein task--leaving the Cowboys to figure it out for themselves.

+1, I would also add that they ended with a lot of class. They went on and finished the u-turn task even though they pretty much knew they were in last place and had nothing to lose by just going to the finish line and taking any penalties. Wouldn't have really mattered because any penalty would have just made them start a little later in the next leg if by a miracle there were 2 non elims in a row. The editing made it look like Jet was blowing off Gary, but I think he was just really confused at that point for some reason. Probably rooting for the trotters now.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Not sorry to see **SPOILER SPACE SPOILER SPACE**

Team Goth go. Kurt has gotten tremendously annoying over the last couple of weeks.

And, I just don't understand what the problem was the Zev and Justin. They must be from a warm climate because I can't imagine digging a hole in the snow would've been that hard. Actually, I think they made it harder for themselves. They were so focused on doing it quickly that maybe they forgot to add logic to the task and dig out the length of the dummy.

And Jeers to the Globetrotters for their accusations during the chocolate task. Not cool how they handled it and just decided who took their half.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
So much for all that positive energy, which is pretty much means "it's not my fault". Interesting that even when they do take a cab, they still did not get there first. I'll miss seeing Vyxsin, especially where they will be going in the next couple legs. But not Kent. Word!

Originally Posted by Paul D G

And, I just don't understand what the problem was the Zev and Justin. They must be from a warm climate because I can't imagine digging a hole in the snow would've been that hard. Actually, I think they made it harder for themselves. They were so focused on doing it quickly that maybe they forgot to add logic to the task and dig out the length of the dummy.

And Jeers to the Globetrotters for their accusations during the chocolate task. Not cool how they handled it and just decided who took their half.

I think it's more of just making it harder for themselves, as we saw that Gary & Mallory arrived later but finished before them, as they knew to dig the length of the dummy (even with Mallory shoveling snow in Gary's face).

With the Globetrotters, I hope they get eliminated next. When watching the roadblock again, Vyxsin did take her half that she did work on. So yeah, very uncalled for, especially by Big Easy.

Also, sucks to be one of those guys stuck in the crevice while waiting for a team to "rescue" them. Who knows how long they had to stay there.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Scarier - yes, in the levels of scariness, she did look scarier.

Since they were not under race pressure, she probably had more time to put on her costume, I mean make herself up since she didn't have to put up Kent's hood, wipe his nose, carry his backpack, draw on his eyebrows, apply his glitter, pick out the perfect pink and black outfits, dress him, etc.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Looks like Kent & Vyxsin were eliminated from what I've been reading. Anybody got a short recap since I lost it because of the Obama story?

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
In a few sentences...basically, the Goths misread a clue, and got penalized for that. As a result, Zev & Justin (who were behind everyone else at that time) were able to catch up, eliminating the Goths.

The race had a first last season, with an all-female team winning it all. I'd say this season will have a first as well... a parent-child team! But I would be okay with any team winning it all except the Globetrotters.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Three cheers for Zev & Justin.

Those guys were a class act all the way. Nice to see a relationship (which was already pretty good to begin with) grow in positive ways during the time we get to see them on the race.

They never bitched or whined at each other and were nothing but supportive and encouraging to each other...even when things got difficult.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I get the sense it probably wouldn't have made any difference if they had gone straight to the bar-tending.

Maybe they thought it would be easier than selling ice to an eskimo?!?

Or maybe they just thought it would be kinda cool to check out the chicks on the beach...

I wonder why Justin didn't have to get completely waxed?!?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It'd been funny if one of them would have screamed "Kelly Clarkson" during the chest hair waxing.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It sounded like they yelled lots of things during that task.

Justin was right when he said that day's challenges just weren't made for the two of them.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

It'd been funny if one of them would have screamed "Kelly Clarkson" during the chest hair waxing.

Haha, Justin did yell that! "Oh, Kelly Clarkson" was one of the subtitles.

I really hated Gary and Mallory's taxi luck. Congrats to Jen and Kisha!

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

I wonder why Justin didn't have to get completely waxed?!?

Because they just had to get waxed for 15 minutes, which was a good thing, after hearing Justin saying that he was going punch the person pulling the wax.

I am surprised that there was no memorization challenge in this race, although the outcome would have still been the same.

Sucks that Gary & hyper Mallory got a bad cab, but I wished they would have just make the decision to change cabs, after seeing the driver being completely clueless.

Congrats to Kisha & Jen for taking care of unfinished business. While I wanted to see Gary & hyper Mallory win it all, I am okay with the sisters winning it, having to overcome their fear of water and this time, no pee break. You can definitely see Jen wanting it so badly when riding the tricycle, as Kisha was struggling to keep up.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Liked the season, but very unimpressed with the finale. I dislike finales that come down to "cab luck". In recent seasons they had seemed to engineer the cab luck out of the placing. All three were strong teams though. They should have had cars waiting for the teams at the airport and they could have made their own luck. All three were strong teams though and I wish the girls luck. I felt bad for Gary and Mallory as I would have liked to see them win just for his age sake as he would have been the oldest ever to win. The Globetrotters were a lot of fun too.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Walter C

I am surprised that there was no memorization challenge in this race, although the outcome would have still been the same.

I, too, missed seeing a "remember your race" challenge, though, I don't agree the outcome would have necessarily been the same. We've seen teams crash-and-burn on those challenges in years past, spending hours on them, while other teams who had great notes finish quickly.

This was a great season overall, but I hope they bring the "remember your race" challenge back next season.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Damn!

Even though I have my Tivo set for an additional 2:00 over 60 minutes,

I still missed the end of the finale.

Will go have to watch it online. Worst yet, I read who won in this thread.

Oh well....will still watch it online

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks