What's new

The Amazing Race - season 15 (1 Viewer)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
So Sam&Dan were all, "the Globetrotters are just following us," and then when they don't do the obvious and simple research for the Praga that the GTs did, they end up following Meghan&Cheyne.

None of the teams comported themselves well on this last leg.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one who didn't think there was anything wrong with Cheyne taking the cab? First off, he didn't want to work with the Globetrotters; Meghan was the one who told them to follow...which as they admitted they were going to do anyway (big surprise). But more importantly, it's not like this is leg 2 and they're in the upper middle of the pack. It's the final four and they're competing for first. The only reason to work with the Globetrotters is so you can avoid their stupid and baseless threats that somehow manage to be an even more cliched variation of "It's on."

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I didn't think Chayne taking the cab was that big of a deal, they were waiting for the train and a cab came by, pretty stupid to not take it. Now.......stealing the other persons cab is a lot worse, but it's a race for a million dollars so......alls fair.

MikeEn

Stunt Coordinator
The Trotters missed a great chance when Cheyne drove off -- "Cheyne, come back! Phil's got things for you to do! And Big Easy wants you! I know he does! Cheyne!"

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Ken Chan

None of the teams comported themselves well on this last leg.
Absolutely agreed. They're all turning major league b*tchy right now and I don't like it. Sure, they've been together under a lot of stress for a considerable amount of time and tempers are sure to flare. But Dan can't keep treating Sam like he's three, Meghan and Cheyne need to get on the same page and The Trotters need to be reminded they are not perfect. Even Brian and Erika are on my nerves. Still rooting for Sam and Dan, though.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

My takeaway is simply that people with such severe limitations should not become contestants on such programs. Simple as that.
Exactly. If this were real life, I'd feel bad for her. But knowing she has such a lame phobia, she should never have gone on a show like the Amazing Race.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I was astounded that the Globetrotters gave up on the roadblock - especially since by knowing the first letter, there were only 24 possible combinations of the remaining 4.

I'm getting more than a little tired of the brothers constant arguing. I was hoping they'd be eliminated.

mike caronia

Second Unit
That was brutal to watch.
The 'trotters were the only team left I was rooting for.
They added some fun to the race, everyone else is way too uptight.

Oh well, at least I know who I'm rooting for on the next race, rumor has it they left last week:

mike caronia

Second Unit
Jeff and Jordan from this past Big Brother.
They were so stupid, but you had to love them.
She wound up winning the whole thing, but they would have got bounced had the producer's not rigged the show to give Jeff special powers.

Did I really just write all of that... ha

They'll be fun to watch....she'll say really stupid things and then he will yell at her.
Then they'll laugh at each other.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Gotcha. I've never watched Big Brother. Is she the one who couldn't tell time (like if it was "quarter-to-two")? My son was telling me about some girl who wasn't too smart that way.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I couldn't believe that the GT's would take a 4 hour penalty then try and figure out the name, just unreal. IIRC they were awful at having to figure stuff out though(Big Easy took forever on the watch time = case combo), they were just very lucky at finding things.

The Brothers bitching at each other is very aggrivating, the taller one just needs to stfu. They bicker constantly.

How long did it take Team Zebra to carry 30 glasses of beer? 4 hours? They left when Big Easy quit, and it was sun up when they finished. Would never guess it would take that long.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
From my math-and assuming the time period given by Flight Time and Big Easy was correct-they spent 2 1/2 hours trying to figure out the name. Tack on another 4 for the time penalty and that puts them 6 1/2 hours behind Ericka and Brian, the last team to finish. How they ever thought they'd make up 6 1/2 hours is absolutely ridiculous.

Yes, Dan and Sam need to figure out how to work together because all they do is whine at one another. I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot right now, considering there's only one leg left.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's been amazing how many first-place finishes Megan & Cheyne have piled up.

But it all became very clear why when you looked at the Roadblock in last night's episode.

Those statues must've been REAL heavy after plastering them up with that clay. When Cheyne started whining and complaining about how heavy it was...Megan just stopped him and got him to focus on the "prize." After that they got it done. One of the brothers, meanwhile, stated doing the same whining and the other yelled back escalating the issue to the point where their judgment had to be clouded.

Nice bit of editing to demonstrate the different problem-solving techniques in play.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
There have been instances where teams including the Globetrotters were hours ahead, only to lose that entire lead because of Hours of Operation -- some place along the way was closed. So it wasn't impossible to make up that much time; just unlikely given the structure of the leg.

And there are certainly people who suffer from innumeracy, who can't figure X number of permutations multiplied by time per guess. Heck, the brothers could still be in Dubai yelling at each other trying to do the gold calculation if the poker girls hadn't shown up. To them, it's just a -- very frustrating, "impossible" -- jumble, and getting screwed by Dan and seeing Brian pass him didn't help. At least with the penalty, you know that you'll be done. In fact, if he had given up right away instead of trying for two hours first, that might have worked -- don't know how long Brian & Ericka took. Of course, that would have also been unsportsmanlike to not even try.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
The Globtrotters are not problem solvers. 24 combinations and he couldn't figure out how to just formulate a plan to try each one. Same with the watch. Hard to watch someone struggle with something that many 12 year olds could do.

aldamon

Second Unit
What a disappointing finale. Was counting chips as difficult or as relevant as trying to match up locales and tasks by memory, like we've seen in the finales of other seasons? Got off easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks