What's new

The Amazing Race - season 15 (1 Viewer)

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
If you watch the Elimination Station segments on CBS.com interesting task they did there. They decided to put the men vs. women in a boat race, with the type of boats that are completely round baskets.

I had to crack up at all the comments about "how do we do this" and "they should have this on the Race".

Um, they did. TAR3. Who could forget Flo's meltdown with Zach doing that task. It's like the folks on TAR15 never watched the show at all.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
This is a race for a million dollars, what the GT did was just fine, it's part of the game, it's part of the competition.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I may be personalizing this too much because of the place of anxiety in my own life...but I have a hard time thinking that if I see a young woman in distress it's okay to beat her down in the spirit of competition.

I fully pin the blame for this situation on the producers and casting crew who should have known they were casting a young woman scared of heights and scared of water into a competition that had height challenges, water challenges and (insert evil laugh here) a height/water challenge. It alnost seems to me they were hoping to create a dramatic situation by admitting someone with such issues into their little game.

It's just one of those standard ethics questions--which doesn't necessarily have a right or wrong answer. "If you're in a race and the person in front of you gets hurt, do you stop and help? Or, do you pass them by? Or, do you hurt them some more to make your own chances even better? " Some will say you should help your fellow man. Others will say if it falls within a competition, there's a different set of rules.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I don't think any of the blame falls on the producers. If you are scared of heights or water, bugs, gross food, other cultures, etc, DEFINATELY do not go on a competition show like TAR or Survivor. It's common sense.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Two things;

Are the tasks/challenges getting much easier? I mean, the things they are having them do seem much less challenging than the early season. I think each season's contestants have it easier than the previous.

Also I used the fact that most of the people that tried the gold challenge couldn't do simple math as a lesson for my 10 yo daughter. Since the schools are not teaching math, well they think they are but it's in such a way that by the time they get to 8th grade algebra, the kids don't have the math basics to handle it, we send my daughter to Kumon for math tutoring. Needless to say, she does not like going.

As we watched them try to complete the task, I asked her how she would've done it. She said that she would do long division to figure it out. I said good, then Kumon is working and you wouldn't have looked like a goofball and embarrassed yourself on TV. lol

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

Have there been any other couples where one of them refused to do the task which resulted in their elimination from TAR?
Also, Aaron & Hayden quitting a Roadblock in Season 6, and Nancy & Emily in Season 1, quitting a Detour.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Tonight's was one of the best episodes ever:

Laughs at Globetrotter dancing, the brothers "coming out" (and the look on the Nederlander's face when they said they "weren't that kind of gay guys." Great editing.), Cheyne not getting the car started, dressing in the Dutch costumes, the long johns, swimming across the stream to play the game with the wooden shoe golf clubs...the fact that the carillon bells started ringing during the roadblock...

Jeering at Miss USA's attitude (throughout the entire thing!)....

Crying along with the poker players for not being strong enough to ring the bell or play the farmer's game. They were certainly not my favorite players...but it was hard not to sympathize with them.

Comebacks galore: the GlobeTrotters, Miss USA & "Brian!"...

Amsterdam looks like a GREAT place to visit.

Fun, great episode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Earlier, I liked Megan, but now, not to much, just too much meltdowns and whininess.

Loved how the math stereotype about beauty queens is still holding strong.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Loved last night's episode. "Should I tell Matt he's adopted now?"

Meghan and Cheyne are the most bland and generic team to ever get so much airtime. I guess it's because they're so often in first place and teams at the front of the pack (or way, way behind) inevitably get the most airtime but still...they're so boring.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Brain and Ericka are beginning to grate my nerves, particularly Ericka.

While I was sad to see Team Poker Face go they didn't really try that hard, they swung that hammer like they were playing Whack A Mole for cryin out loud.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Poker girls needed to spend more time chopping wood with their dads.

The one girl (Tiffany) came agonizingly close a couple of times.

That was a roadblock (with the amusement park bell and the farmer's golf) where it was really true to have an advantage being a "strong team." Those poor girls just didn't stand a chance.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Agreed, letting her do that one was just wrong.

And I was seriously hoping that someone would walk over to Dan and render him unconscious.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Porcupine head was worried he would muss his hair.

And Dan was reminding me and sounding like Will Ferrel when he was yelling. lol

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was hoping that "Brian!" would have let Ericka do that challenge. It sounds like they were considering it...but he, as Patrick put it, "manned up."

"Oh, I'll do it."

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I have an observation about Meghan. While I find her somewhat attractive from certain angles her facial structure around her eyes reminds me of the facial structure of the character Odo from DS9. Straight on is definitely her best angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks