What's new

The Amazing Race 8 HTF Challenge (1 Viewer)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Updated my post with final 4.

If you haven't picked a team because they may suck, just pick one. I got the old farts last year as last pick and they made final 4.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I assume that nominations are now closed, Daniel, and that all non-picked teams become non-entities for purposes of the contest?

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Can I go back and pick Bobby John and Stephenie for my winning family? :D

I was actually going to sit out the contest this season since I never can pick a winner, but when you expanded it to two leagues I figured that I had to participate. At least I won't have any need to irrationally root for a team.

Brad

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Hell, I'll even throw in Johnny Fairplay if you want, Brad!

:laugh: :laugh:

I find it interesting that some of the teams that appear to be stronger (at least after Week #1) weren't chosen at all. People should have heeded Joseph S's advice and picked some of the leftovers.

We old farts aren't done yet, Joseph.

;)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I'm debating, I could let new people or someone with an eliminated winner pick in, but with one less final four pick per week or something to balance it out to make it fair, if everyone else is okay with that...

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The only problem I have with that is that once the first episode is shown we get a better idea regarding the strengths and weaknesses of teams involved. To me that's a huge advantage for a late entrant and not something that can be compensated for by allowing something like one fewer pick. It's like being able to bet on a horserace after you've seen how they break from the gate. Granted, I'm sure that CBS' creative editing process has portrayed some of the stronger teams weaker than they really are (can you believe the Linz family came in next to last?) and some weak teams stronger than they will end up being in the long run. But I would vote to let things stay as they are. We already have more entrants than in a "normal" TAR since you made two divisions.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I say no late entries. (Unless, of course you let me switch to the Gaghans.)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Ok, the tribe has spoken. :) I'd also rather not but I figured it's always fun to have more people, which we do already with 2 divisions.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Daniel,

For the convienience of yourself and the players involved I'm "sticking" the Challenge Threads (TAR and Survivor) at the top of this section since they involve on-going competition and sometimes get lost in the shuffle. Once each series ends I'll unstick them and let gravity take over. Also, the discussion threads in these areas will be allowed to float as traffic dictates.

Sound like a plan?

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Thanks Robert :emoji_thumbsup: Much easier for me to find them also to update each week, especially since TAR has non-elimination rounds so this thread could be dormant for days at a time during TAR8.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Not a problem, Daniel. That's one of the reasons that "sticky" messaging was created. We don't like to overdo it, but this is one of those cases where the application seems to fit the need. Keep up the good work.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Three families gone and nobody has four teams left. Interesting contest.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
The field is really thinning early this season, especially after the last couple of weeks, I guess the good part is that makes it easier to tally up the standings at the end. :)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Somebody will likely get points next week. There's a "Fast Forward" card in the hands of one player in the preview.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Updated with last night's elimination, I already lost my whole final four! I'm pretty surprised by the last three eliminations, I guess that's why they run the race. :)

Good catch Joseph, a lot of times the FF means it's a non-elimination round too, I think we're due for one at this point anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks