What's new

The Amazing Race 7 (1 Viewer)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
To bunch or not to bunch: from a purely practical perspective, they have to even up the teams. Otherwise, the teams could easily get stretched out farther and farther, and you can't have Phil in two places at once. There's also the logistics involved in setting up the tasks. It is also more entertaining for the teams to do tasks in direct competition. At least the bunching this season has been once, at the beginning of the leg. Last season there were bunches in the middle of the legs.

This is not simply one long race, but a series of short races. However, if they did an all-star edition with teams that you know can race, it would be interesting to not have any bunching and do three eliminations after every third leg, or something like that. Can teams really recover from a single bone-headed mistake?

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
But you have to admit that we've seen bunching become a major problem in Seasons 5-7... when compared to the first couple seasons, it's a little over the top these days.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
The biggest bunch up difference I saw this week was that the "Hours of Operation" sign was not one of the obvious fakes, but looked like it was legit. Maybe this one was not planned, but was a circumstance of when the last leg ended.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Definitely more bunch-ups from TAR5 and on, and in the earlier seasons they also had more "take a number" type things at some of the bunch-ups so the teams that get there earlier have some sort of advantage.

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit

Is it inconceivable to think that some of these places will only let filming happen at certain hours thus the show makes these "fake" signs?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
3/22/05

"Survive that."

"We're all still here, a menege trois." LOL!

"I feel like I was born with a horse shoe...in my ass!"

Kudos to the winner of this leg of the race:
Team Survivor who fought off the bad vibes from Team on Fire (who got some karma sent their way), and barely made the early flight, much the utter disappointment of the other 4 teams on the early flight), and managed to navigate the roadblock and detour with nary a hiccup.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Forget my team picking "strategery," I still want Rob n Ambah to win this one. The horseshoe up his ass is correct. They're winning the mind games and completing the tasks needed very effectively.

It's finally looking up for my remaining teams. :D They were all featured on the promo! Look out for one of Ron and Kelly, Lynn and Alex, or Rob n Ambah to fall out of the race after next week.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Great episode this week! Was glad to see Susan and Patrick go, but Meredith and Gretchen leaving wouldn't have bothered me either.

Ray was a pain, but I would have felt the same way considering the two teams behind him.

Two hours next week, looks like it's going to be a series of unfortunate events for a few of the teams. Here's hoping Meredith and Gretchen leave next week.

My ranking:
1. Rob and Amber
2. Uchenna and Joyce
3. Ron and Kelly
4. Brian and Greg
5. Ray and Deana
6. Lynn and Alex
7. Meredith and Gretchen

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
Sample dialogue of Lynn and Alex in every show:

"RobandAmberRobandAmberRobandAmberRobandAmberRoband AmberRobandAmberRobandAmberRobandAmber"

Please get eliminated next leg.

Next episode looks brutal!

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Up until this point I really didn't have a team to "hate" unlike last season when a couple of the guys were truly obnoxious and I actively rooted against them.

This has all changed for me with Ray's totally inappropriate remarks about Meridith and Gretchen. He has a lot of growing up to do and I found his comments offensive (and not just because I'm in the same age bracket as the "senior citizens") ;)

I wonder what Meridith and Gretchen will think when they hear Ray's remarks? From this point on I'll be actively rooting for Ray and Deanna to come in last.

Like others mentioned, next week's 2 hour episode looks like it has some serious stuff going on.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Ditto. From his Johnathan act at the Roadblock to his general snottiness in the second half, the guy rubbed me every possible wrong way.

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
Not to mention the bozo insisted on walking to the boats, and then was surprised when the other teams were there before they were. What a ditz.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
In a way, it's actually a good thing that Ray's "darker side" rose to the surface. This show's a lot more fun when there is somebody to actively root against.

:D

Now I can hope that misfortune has a field day with him. I also find it offensive when some of the contestants seem to think that if they speak slowly and loudly in English to the locals that they will somehow be better understood. That, and adding some nonsensical syllables to the end of English words to try to "speak" the language!
:laugh:

I will say, however, that I'm impressed by some of the contestants' alibities to converse in the native tongues up until this point. Ramber/Survivor duo may have a bit of an advantage due to being recognized by some so far, but I really think that if a true linguist were to enter the competition he or she would have a great advantage in most instances. My dad was such a person (a linguistic professor who was fluent in over 30 diverse languages) and I would love to see a person with such abilities compete in a future series. Unfortunately, the talent didn't rub off on me and I have enough trouble with English, let alone other tongues.

;)

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
However, with his attitude at the end of the leg he didn't really deserve to stay in the race, as he had already given up, despite the fact that he did not know whether they were really behind everybody (for all we know Meredith and Gretchen might have been only a few minutes ahead of them). And then there is always the possibility of a NEL.

-Christian

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
^^^^I totally agree. I was talking to the TV saying that I was anticipating an NEL since we haven't had one yet. My wife agreed that they shouldn't have quit. I was somewhat shocked when it wasn't.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping that the 2-hour episode this week is two legs of the race, one NEL and then an elimination one. The preview shows it's action-packed, but I really hope the producers don't make us sit through two hours and then nobody's eliminated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks