What's new

The Amazing Race 6 (1 Viewer)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
It's hard to tell by his statement, I guess we'll have to see. I hope it starts on this race, but very well could start next time.

Take that as you will. Here's to a great Race :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Tivo'ed. I have volleyball tonight and I'm sure my wife will be debating whether to wait or not. Heck, she watched the finale last season without me but fortunately, didn't spoil it for me.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
So far, I don't really like anyone yey. Not a good sign for tension for your team this season :).

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Team

Yankees Suck #1
you are the last team to arrive. I'm sorry, you have been eliminated from the race.
:D

I'll take getting rid of Mr. Blue hair next
over team Yankees Suck #2
any day though.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Apparently the producers decided that Colin and Christie were good for the ratings, so now we get at least three teams of bickering, shrill married/dating couples.

Johnathan (Blue Hair? Why?) is my nominee for the player most likely to be beaten to death by a cab driver.

Adam and Rebecca win the award for doing the dumbest possible thing at the worst possible time, although it did allow me to enjoy the cameraman's personal restraint when he zoomed in the word "DIESEL" and somehow managed not to laugh out loud. If Adam were sleeping near me in an airport and I happened to have a pair of scissors...

I couldn't stand Avi throughout most of the episode, so their elimination didn't bother me at all. I had to laugh at the editing where they revealed that he was a science teacher while having him say that seven square kilometers (or was it miles) wasn't a very big area to search. Uhhhhhh, yes it is.

Lori and Bolo can also beat Johnathan to death. That would make for some good television. Please make this happen, CBS.

Hera has nice eyes. That's all that I can say that is positive about the Gus/Hera team. They are destined for elimination in the near future.

My final observation... is CBS promising extra prize money for wearing skimpy tank tops and no bra? I'm not complaining, but Hayden, Lena, and Kris were all shaking their moneymakers throughout the race.

Brad

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The bluehair guy.. damn, I hate him. HATE him. I was hoping seriously they would get bumped off, but I'm OK to wait a bit.

While it didn't work out for them, I liked the father/daughter team; his advice of "don't speed; someone could get flacked with a ticket or law problem.. and it won't be us"

Well, maybe it won't happen, but I admit, I always wonder why not or when it does happen how wild that will be ;)

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
According to tv guide, a detour causes one contestent to become seriously exhausted and a heavy penalty is issued
at the pit stop. most of next weeks episode takes place in
Norway.
Best
Greg

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
This season premiere didn't come close to comparing to last season's, but maybe it's because there weren't any teams that I immediately liked. (There appear to be several I'll dislike.) The father/daughter combo don't look to be long for this race--I just don't think he can keep up--although they might be worth hoping they last since there's a Meet the Parents vibe there.

And couldn't they have found room for any bartenders or baristas on these teams?

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator
Yellow has to go. I could watch about 2 more ep with him in it and then I have quit. Way too much pandering to camera. I felt like I was watching Melrose Place or something, bitch, bitch,bitch. I feel no connect to any of them. Even "old couple" had negative vibe to them.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I posted that first note within twenty or so minutes of the show, and when I watched the ending of the show....I more or less felt the same way.

The only one who might be likeable so far seems to be the sisters. The ones that stated 'we're nice enough, so everyone is going to want to help us'.

Everyone else just seemed uninteresting, or mean, like the wrestler couple. I couldn't take being in that relationship for more than a day ;). The guy seems likeable enough, always thanking the locals for directions, etc, but all the lady seems to do is bitch.

So far, for whatever reason, Amazing Race 4 is the only one I didn't care for out of all 6. Hopefully that won't be the case with this one..

Jake Gove

Second Unit
That would imply that no non-models are applying for reality shows. With the thousands of applications they get for these shows, you'd think they'd be able to find people that are not models or actors.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Not "none", just that the models are a very good fit for these series' needs. They're also probably more active in applying because they see it as a stepping-stone for their career, not just a fun game.

The producers are making a television show, not trying to represent the country. I imagine that when they go over all the entry tapes, the models/actors/entertainers come off as the most poised and comfortable with the camera. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of teams with more mainstream occupations have been accepted but had to back out because the only way it works out financially for them is if they win.

I'm not saying I'm in favor of it, because it does come off as artificial to have these guys so disproportionately represented. Don't know how you remedy that without paying all the participants enough to partially compensate for missing a couple months of work and/or arranging with their employers to make sure that they still have a job to come back to afterward.

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I felt the premiere was overtly negative and very "un-Race-like"... and I've watched every season. Felt like the show dropped down a couple rungs with the overt use of bickering/hate among teams, more flesh, and blant casting. I'm hoping it improves, but hate to see the formula tweaked so much.

Though, nice to see the whole thing start here in the Windy City.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
It seems every reality show now has models and actors and every woman has to have breast implants.
>>

That's the other thing I was noticing while watching the show. All the woman seemed to be well endowed. Producers must have added a line to the application, Must have shirt that shows alot of cleavage and have implants :)..

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Is Bolo, the male wreslter deaf or hearing impared? I thought I heard something, maybe one contestant to another, that there was a deaf guy, and maybe they were mentioning him. Maybe I misheard a word, but I spent the whole show trying to compare him to Lou Ferrigno.

Fun episode, just a little to soon from the last season.

Ryan

Pam_S

Auditioning
I thought the season opener was great. I can't believe all the couples that are screaming at each other.

Did anyone catch what the best friends Meredith or Maria said on the snowmobile? I thought I heard one of them say "I never thought I'd be straddling you on a snowmobile." That was pretty comical!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks