What's new

The Amazing Race 12 (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

Plus that is what they get for stealing another team's cab.

I am glad to see the show back with new blood in the race, and finally visiting Ireland after all these seasons. It is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Europe.

I was not surprised that the British Airways flight arrived later than Air Lingus. Speaking from personal experience, it seemed like it took forever to get off the plane at Heathrow.

So far, I like Ronald & Christina, TK & Rachel, and Azaria & Hendekea. I hope Jennifer & Nathan are eliminated next. Everyone else is too early to tell.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
They've been reincarnated as Nathan and Jennifer. ;) If there's any justice or karma in this world, the next race should be their last.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Rob&Amber were never that screechy to each other. Plus, they could race.

Best first round elimination I've seen.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Count me as another that's happy about the team that got eliminated. I don't think I could've taken too many more episodes with Ari in them. I also hope that Jennifer and Nathan go soon as well. Even though she's good eye candy they're annoying as hell and I was hoping the donkey would bite them. ;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I think the moral here is watch what you say to strange animals, especially if they hold your fate in the palm of their hooves. ;)

"I was going to move but if you want to be a couple of assholes about the whole thing i'm not going anywhere, what do ya' think of that?"

:D

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
WAs there a rule that they couldn't go back and get a new donkey? It seemed that 2 teams were stuck in the same place for a long time and would have had plenty of time to go back and try with a different animal. Maybe it was just editing that made it look so long?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
There is a rule that if a car breaks down, the powers that be will send a new one over... How about if a donkey breaks down? :)

jay

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Only if the driver was not "at fault", although they've been fairly generous on this rule.

Larry*P

Agent
It seemed like half the teams were from California!! You would think the producers would go for more of a cross section of the country. Does noone else apply for this show?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Has anyone in this thread ever applied for the show? My friend and I have often talked about whether or not we'd have what it took to compete and survive such a grueling show and I would say that I probably wouldn't have what it took.

It's the heights thing i'd have a problem with, like bungee jumping etc, plus i'm deathly afraid of flying so that puts me out right there, I wouldn't even make it out of the country lol.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The thing is, you basically have to put your life on hold for about three months to participate, and head out to L.A. on your own dime at some point during the selection process so that contestants can be interviewed by the producers. It does tend to favor people already in California, and I'm guessing that the producers figure the alternative (several local interview sessions) wouldn't quite add enough to be worth the time and expense.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
My best friend and I made a pact in our junior year of high school that as soon as we're both 21, we're going to do our damnedest to get on TAR. Not being models/actors or living in CA I'm guessing will be the toughest hurdle to get through.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

I'm right there with ya, dude. I know the show is about challenging yourself and overcoming fears, but I look at some of the stuff they do and say there's no way in hell I could do that. More power to them and it makes for great TV so I'll gladly continue to watch from the comforts of my own home. :)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I don't know - it just didn't seem like an especially inspiring first episode. Right from the start, at the Playboy mansion, I was sitting there thinking that they were going to have trouble with the car at the front blocking everyone in - and they did. Not the best start to a race. And the rest of the episode was watchable, but not as exciting as TAR can be. I'm hoping for improvement.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Watching Grandpa strip down to those...um...er...with his...um...you know...

...for that "vaulting the creek" challenge didn't make for very pleasant television.

:D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Christina's dad is an overbearing grump, tough to watch as a nervous breakdown is probably forthcoming from Christina.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks