What's new

The Amazing Race 11: All-Stars (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

What?? How can they not include those 2 teams, especially Rob & Brennan? The very first winners of the race, and the producers reject them? Makes no sense. It's as if they are trying to give me more reasons not to watch this season.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Anthony: Thanks for letting me know about Kevin/Drew, at least, making the producer's cut. I cannot imagine how they could have dropped the ball on BJ/Tyler. Nothing against Rob/Brennan at all, but BJ/Tyler seem like a real slam dunk. They must've been off their meds.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Maybe BJ & Tyler irritated the producers or something; there could be some behind-the-scenes reason for a team to be rejected.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I hate hate hated BJ and Tyler, and thought they were the single worst thing to ever happen in TAR - even worse than Flo. They were just so self-consciously trying to be wacky and quirky every single moment for fear of not having the cameras on them. "What can we do this week? Let's rip the clue open with our teeth. Let's run backwards to the mat. Let's just be wacky and zany every single bloody second." They were like children constantly doing handstands calling out "Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!" I'm glad I won't need to look at them this time.

Personally, I would have liked to see Ken and Gerard (from TAR3) back. They were great racers, and very funny (in a genuine way).

The Bowling Moms (TAR5) would have been great - just for their tenacity and ability to triumph where they seemed one of the easy-beat teams.

Colin and Christie would have been fun to see again. Yes, we hated them, but they were really great television.

Looking through the TAR6 website, I realise I remember very little of that awful season - the most memorable parts are the parts I wish had never happened. I don't remember Kris and Jon at all, even after seeing their photo.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The cast is up! Also some cool videos, not just the interviews but a 'Most Embarassing Moments' clip for each team too. I'd loved to have a bigger cast for All Stars but it doesn't seem too bad. Kevin/Drew, Ozzy/Danny (I'll never get used to not calling him Oswald), Team Guido, or Teri/Ian for the win!

Would anyone be upset if I started up the HTF Challenge thread for this?

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
So no one from #4, 6, or 8 will be represented, with one team from #9 being a mixture of 2 teams. And only 1 defending champ.

The really, interesting part will be how the teams from the early seasons will fare to the changes that occurred along the way, like Fast Forwards not being in every leg, and the Roadblock rule. I would have liked to see how past winners would have done with the Roadblock rule (since some of them had team members doing only 1 or 2 Roadblocks in the entire race)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

That would be great!

I've read that the producers had to keep the teams on their toes, so look for some surprises and twists in the All-Star edition.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My family will be watching...but on a tape delay. 16-year old son wants to watch the NBA All-Star game.

Unless, of course, we delay the ball game...

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
The Sunday timeslot really sucks. It's delayed about 30 minutes tonight again. At least, it's not going to be joined in progress though.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
As is always the case with Rob and Amber they seem to think they are the team everybody wants to beat.

They are so full of themselves, and I'm happy to see John Vito says what the world thinks!

Brent

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I don't know why, but as I was watching the start of All-Stars, I just had a big grin as the personalities of the team started pouring out from the get-go. This could be a really fun season.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I never saw that finish coming, and man o man did Kevin and Drew ever wreck that rim, nothing left of it now.

B

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I still can't believe Kevin and Drew are still in the race.

Rob and Amber discussed on their Fox reality show (in the last episode that aired this past week) that they were going to try to run the race with as little baggage as possible, small enough to not waste time dumping the backpacks in the trunk and stowing them away on planes in the special compartments (i.e., small enough to just chuck into the backseat). I didn't quite see how big their backpacks they were using at the start of the race.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I don't know what was causing the delay this time. I would think, with football season over, we won't have to deal with it. If this keeps up, I may have to watch the episodes on YouTube instead, unless CBS decides to add it to the Innertube.

Delay problems aside, the All-Star edition looks like it will be an interesting one after all. I enjoy it mainly for the places they visit, as it just adds more countries to my list of places to visit.

With Rob & Amber coming in first, I am like "here we go again".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks